How to create activities with restrictions and choice blocks?
- Schedule Lock
- Enrollment lock
- Concurrent Schedule
- People lists
Define the restrictions between different activities, regardless of day and time, in a way that your attendees will only be able to attend one at a time or to multiple activities at the same time, depending on your event’s needs.
If none of your activities allow the attendees to customize their agendas, you can enable the Schedule lock. When this tool is active the attendees won’t be able to choose which activities they want/don’t want to attend. To enable it, go to Settings > Tools, then under the section Block you will see the option Schedule lock.
This feature is available within each activity, so if some of your activities do not allow your attendees to customize their agendas, you can enable the Enrollment lock for each one of them.
To enable it, go to Agenda > Activities, select the desired activity, and in the settings tab under General settings search for the option Enrollment lock.
How do I know the lock is working?
When accessing My Agenda area, the attendees will see the message below if they try to unpin/unenroll the activities the admin previously enrolled them, if the Schedule Lock is enabled.
If the Enrollment lock is enabled, the attendees will see that the Unpin button is disabled as shown below:
By default, participants cannot enroll in sessions that occur simultaneously. If you want to enable attendees to enroll in activities whose dates are overlapping, you should go Settings > Tools, and under the section Extra, tick the checkbox corresponding to Concurrent Schedule. If you do not want attendees to enroll in activities that occur simultaneously, you should disable this feature by unticking the checkbox.
Activity chains allow you to connect some activities with each other so that a person cannot sign up for one if they are registered for another, even if they are at a different time or on a different day.
This feature is useful when you have a limited number of activities in your event, or when an activity is repeated several times during your event, as it can give an opportunity for more people to participate in them.
Below you will find out how to create chains.
If you want to learn the basics of setting up a calendar within the platform, take a look at this other article: Agenda Management.
- In Agenda > Activities, select the activity on the left in which you want to add a chain and go to the Chains tab. Then, click Edit to make changes to this section and press Create chain. This will create a chain with the name of this activity, and it will appear just below the dropdown.
- To connect a chain to another activity, just select the activity and in the Chains tab, you'll see a drop-down bar. You should select the chain you have created and click on Add chain. To save, click End. Note that by adding your chain, it will appear like the image shown below.
How do I know if the chain is working?
When accessing My Agenda area, attendees will notice that if they try to pin more than one activity in the chain, others will automatically be displayed as Not available.
How does the chain appear in the App?
When participants access the Agenda area, after signing up for an activity the others will appear with the information Not available.
How do I delete a chain?
To delete a chain, go to Agenda > Activities, choose the desired activity, then click Edit, then in the Chains tab simply click on the orange trash can icon. After that click End to finish.
Once the lists of people and the activities on the agenda have been created, you can go to the agenda management dashboard and associate which activities will be part of each group's agenda.
- To do so, go to Agenda > Activities.
- Next, choose the activity you wish to associate with a list. A window will open up on the right side of the screen, and you should press People lists > Edit.
- Then, choose which list you want to associate with each of the activities. Remember that only the people on the list can see and register in that activity. Select a list from the drop-down menu and then press Add list.
- When you have finished, press End to save the changes.
How do I remove a list of people from an activity?
To delete a list of people from an activity and make it accessible to all attendees, simply click the orange trash icon and press End to save the changes.
What happens when you remove attendees from a list and add them to a new list?
The attendees will lose their subscription to every activity associated with the first list they were removed from, and gain access to all activities associated with the new list they were added to.