- How do I create an activity?
- How do I edit an activity?
In your agenda, you can add all activities, lectures, and sessions from the event. The number of activities is unlimited and you can add in each of the information about location, speakers, sponsors, exclusive materials, and even build content tracks for your participants.
How do I create an activity?
Go to Agenda > Activities then click on the button in the upper left + Add activity and insert info such as: title, start and end time, location, and visibility. Press Create.
You can also upload your agenda via spreadsheet, all activities at once. Go to Agenda > Activities > press Edit > Import and download demo file.
Once you download and open the demo file, It is possible to fill in the: name, description, address, location, place, start and end time, capacity, general, highlight, lists, tags, sponsors, speakers and chains.
You can also fill in information about the activity room: Virtual Room, Room Video Mode, Room Host.
More fields regarding the activity room that allow you to tailor the experience are: closedCaptionsAndSubtitles, followUpSession, askForFeedback, feedbackPopupTitle, onDemandUrl, onDemandFrame, sessionCardSize, interactionNotifications, activityVisbility, enrollmentLock, raiseHands, raiseHandsRobertsRule.
You can also enable any hide options: hideActivities, hideSponsors, hideExhibitors, hideMeetings, hideGroupRooms, hideNetworking, hideQuestion, hideQuiz, hidePeople, hideBreakoutRoom, and hideSpeedNetworking. The hide options can be enabled or disabled via the spreadsheet by simply answering yes or no in the corresponding fields.
Once the spreadsheet is all filled in, click on the green button with the folder icon and next press Import.
To enable automatic enrollment while creating your activities via spreadsheet, under the H column type in 1, and to disable the automatic enrollment type in 0.
I can't seem to upload activities via spreadsheet. Why is that?
Click here to check the most common errors when importing activities to the agenda.
How do I edit an activity?
Go to Agenda > Activities > Edit > and select the activity you would like to edit.
You should be able to edit the fields below:
- Name: You can change the activity's name an also add translations.
- Start, and end time: Set the start and the end time of the activity.
- Description: You can use bullet lists on the WYSIWYG editor, as well as add translations
- Place: Click here to learn how to create places.
- Number of vacancies: Set how many people can enroll in this activity.
- Number of people present: Set how many people can join the activity.
Setting up virtual rooms
- Virtual room: You should check this box if your activity is happening online.
- Room cover: The desired size is
280 x 160 px.
- Session replica: If you wish to replicate an activity settings, click here for more information.
- Room status label: Each room will display a status label in its upper left corner.
- Room video mode: Click here to check our room video modes.
- Room video provider: Choose a room video provider. Click here to learn more.
- Room video latency: Set the video latency for your room. Click here to learn more.
- Social streaming: Stream your activity to a third party social media. Click here to learn more.
- Dial-in: Enable dial-in option for speakers. Click here to learn more.
- Room host: Here, you should define who is going to be the room host. Click here to learn the room host's permission.
- Room recording: You should check this box if you'd like your activity to be recorded. Click here for further information.
- Number of presenters: Set how many presenters you would like to have in the room. The maximum number of speakers will be 17.
- Closed Captions & Subtitles: Enable closed captions for your your sessions. Click here to learn more.
- Speech to text transcription: The transcription will be generated automatically in the language of your preference. You will be able to select the speech-language and a translation option language. Click here for further information.
- Audio interpretation: You can add audio interpretation channels to enable simultaneous language interpretation.
- Follow up session: if you want to send your viewers to the follow-up session.
- Ask for feedback when leaving: if the activity has a feedback form, a pop-up will be shown when leaving the session. Click here for further information.
Define whether you would like the attendees to be able to join activities before their start time and after their end time.
- Join sessions before starting
If you select No, the attendees will not be able to join an activity before its scheduled start time.
If you would like attendees to be able to join a room before the activity starts, you will be given the option to decide if they should be able to join 5, 15, 30 minutes or 1 hour prior to the activity's start time.
- Join sessions after ending
If you select No, the attendees will not be able to join an activity after its scheduled end time.
If you would like attendees to be able to join a room after the activity ends, select Yes.
Here you will be able to configure your activities by controlling the visibility of the following fields in your activity:
Virtual Lobby design
In this section, you can select the layout type for the activity room cover in the Virtual Lobby. To do this, simply click Edit and select the desired layout type from the Session card drop-down box. If you select Use system settings, the activity room cover will follow the layout type defined for all activities in the Event > Virtual Lobby > Layout page.
- Automatic enrollment: All attendees from the event will be automatically enrolled in the activity when registering to the event.
- Highlighted position: The activity's room cover will appear in the Large layout in the Virtual Lobby, regardless of whether you are using the Small or Medium activity layout type.
- Interactions notifications: notifications (questions, polling, feedback) from this activity will appear under Alerts.
- Activity visible to attendees: if enabled, the activity will be visible to the attendees. If disabled, only administrators will see the invisible activity and there will be a tag that says Invisible to let the admins know that the activity is invisible to everyone else.
- Activity visible on website regardless of restrictions: If enabled, list-restricted activities will be displayed on the Agenda section of the Website. If disabled, list-restricted activities will not be displayed on the Website.
- Enrollment lock: The enrollment operations will be locked and attendees will not be able to register in this activity anymore.
- Raise hands: By enabling this feature attendees will be able to click on the Raise hands icon during this session. If you wish to activate this function for the Breakout room created within the Session, click here to learn how.
- Robert's Rule of Order: This feature is dependent on the Raise hands feature to function. The Raise hands feature must first be enabled, to have it appear. Click here, to learn more about Robert's Rule of Order.
Tab Visibility - Left menu
You can configure the visibility of the following tabs that appear on the left menu inside your activity in the Virtual Lobby :
- Hide activities: It will hide the activities tab from users. Admins, presenters, staff and room host will still be able to see the tab in the activity.
- Hide sponsors: It will hide the sponsors tab inside the activity.
- Hide exhibitors: It will hide the exhibitors tab inside the activity.
- Hide meetings: It will hide the meetings tab inside the activity.
- Hide group rooms: It will hide the group rooms tab inside the activity.
- Hide networking: It will hide the networking tab inside the activity.
This is how attendees will see the activity in the Virtual lobby before and after the left menu tabs are hidden:
Tab visibility - Right menu
You can configure the visibility of the following tabs that appear in the right menu of your activity:
- Hide chat: It will hide the Chat tab in this activity in the Virtual Lobby.
- Hide poll: It will hide the Polling tab in this activity in the Virtual Lobby.
- Hide quiz: It will hide the Quiz tab in this activity in the Virtual Lobby.
- Hide questions: It will hide the Questions tab in this activity in the Virtual Lobby.
- Hide people: The People tab will be hidden from users in this room. Admins, presenters, staff and room host will still be able to see the tab.
- Hide files: It will hide the Files tab inside this activity in the Virtual Lobby
- Hide breakout rooms: It will hide the Breakout rooms tab inside the activity.
- Hide Speed networking: It will hide the Speed networking tab inside the activity.
This is how attendees will see the activity in the Virtual lobby before and after the right menu tabs are hidden:
Content: speakers, sponsors, files, tracks and breakout rooms
- To associate activities with speakers, check this article.
- To associate activities with sponsors, check this article.
- To insert files in the activities, click here.
- To create trails of content using tracks, check this article.
- To create chains between activities, check this article.
- To create breakout rooms, check this article.
In addition to adjusting settings for individual activities, you can also manage tools that impact all activities from the same page. Simply click on the Settings button located in the top right corner. This will open a window where you can enable or disable the tools across their various sections.
Can I delay activities?
Yes! To delay an activity, press Edit > select the activity you would like to delay and press Delay activity > confirm by clicking Delay.
How can I define in which order my activities will appear to the attendees?
Our agenda respects alphabetical and numerical ordering. So, if you need to determine a specific sequence, you can make use of the following options:
- Numerical order: place a number in front of the activity name, such as 1) Activity name; 2) Name of the activity; 3) Name of the activity.
- Alphabetical order: put a letter in front of the activity name, such as A) Activity name; B) Name of the activity; C) Name of the activity;
- Temporal order: register the activities with sequential schedules to determine their order, such as 08:00:01; 08:00:02; 08:00:03.
How do I create schedules for different audiences within the same event?
If you'd like to have different schedules for different audiences, you can link lists of people to activities. This way, only those on the list can see the activity and subscribe to it.
Alternatively, you can create activities with restrictions and choice blocks. Refer to this article for more information.
How do I save calendar activities as a PDF file?
To save activities in PDF format, you can add an Agenda section to your hot site and, while viewing the website in the browser on a PC, select CTRL + P on the keyboard or on the Mac, ⌘ + P and select the destination printer as Save as PDF and press Save.
How can I check if an attendee has enrolled in an activity?
Go to Settings > Tools > scroll down until the Extra section and enable Excel sheets with activities.
Download the attendee's report. In the report, locate the filledSchedule column. The filling options are 0 and 1, where 0 indicates that the attendee hasn't enrolled in any activity, and 1 indicates that the attendee has enrolled in one or more activities.
How can I enroll attendees in activities?
There are numerous possibilities to register participants in their activities. Check this article to learn all the possibilities.
Can I send a push message only to attendees enrolled in one specific activity?
Yes! Click here to learn how.
How do I archive activities?
By archiving activities, event organizers can manage their agenda easily. Organizers can hide or archive activities from My Agenda, Virtual Lobby and Website without having to delete them.
To archive an activity, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Agenda > Activities.
- Click Edit on the top right corner of the page.
- Check the box next to the activity(ies) you wish to archive.
- Click on Archive.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Yes on the pop-up window to confirm.
- Press End to save your changes.
How do I view archived activities?
Event organizers can view the list of archived activities by navigating to Agenda > Activities and clicking on the Archived button on the top left corner of the page.
How do I unarchive activities?
Archived activities can be made visible again by unarchiving them. To unarchive an activity, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Agenda > Activities.
- Click on the Archived button on the top left corner of the page.
- Click on Edit.
- Check the box next to the activity you wish to unarchive.
- Click on Unarchive.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Yes on the pop-up window to confirm.
- Press End to save your changes.
How can I remove activities?
If you wish to delete one or more activities you can simply follow the next steps. Bear in mind that you will see a different pop-up message to confirm the action depending on the activity (if it has a recording or not).
Activities with no recording
- Go to Agenda > Activities > press Edit
- Select the activity you wish to remove and press Remove
- Press Remove again in the pop-up message
- Click End
Activities with recording
- Go to Agenda > Activities > press Edit.
- Select the activities you would like to remove and press Remove.
- Type in the corresponding field: DELETE ACTIVITY AND RECORDINGS.
- Press Delete to confirm the action > press End.
Can I extract a report?
Yes! To extract a report of all your activities, press Edit and you will see a Report button in the upper left. Click on it and you should receive an email with the report.
The report will contain information such as: activityID, eventID, liveID, name, description, location, dateBegin, dateEnd, timezone, capacity, hide settings, tags, etc.
If you wish to generate reports for specific activities, click on an activity, press Edit and you will see a Report activity button at the upper right. Click on it and you should receive an email with the activity's report.