Setting up a Google Wi-Fi for printing
This article intends to guide you on purchasing and setting up a google router to use when printing badges with the Brother printers.
Purchasing a Google Wi-Fi
Google Wi-Fi devices can be bought from Google's official store or your preferred marketplace.
Pre-requisites for getting started
In order to set up a Google Wi-Fi, there are some needed pre-requisites listed below:
- A Google account
- The latest version of the Google Home app available on Android or iOS
- Internet service
- A modem for the internet service
- A mobile device
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 15.0 or later
- Android phone or tablet with Android 9.0 or later
After ensuring you have the following prerequisites, you will be able to set up your Google Wi-fi primary point.
Setting up your primary Google Wi-Fi point/router
- Choose a location for your primary Wi-Fi point.
Your primary Wi-Fi point needs to be connected to a working modem that's connected to the Internet.
- Connect your Google Wi-Fi point's WAN port with your modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Plug your primary Wi-Fi point into a wall outlet.
- Wait 90 seconds for the light to slowly pulse blue. The pulsing blue light indicates it's ready to be set up in the Home app.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
- Tap Devices > + Add > New Device.
- Choose a home.
- The app should find your Google Wi-Fi device. Tap Yes to continue. If you have multiple devices available for setup, select your primary Wifi point.
- Scan the QR code on the bottom of your device.
- If you're unable to scan the QR code, tap Continue without scanning, then enter the setup key on the bottom of your device.
- Give your Wi-Fi network a name and secure password.
- Select a room for your router or create a new one.
- Continue through the app to complete setup.
- The router should now create your Wi-Fi network. This might take a few minutes.
- If you'd like to add another Wi-Fi device, tap Yes in the app to continue.
Now that you have set up your Google Wi-Fi router, you will be able to easily connect the Brother printers to the Google Wi-Fi and print badges. To learn more about this, refer to this article.