API Key: JSON
To start making API calls, you’ll set up and manage the Google Play Developer API directly from the Google Play Console. The API can only be managed by the owner of your Google Play Developer Account.
In case you don't feel comfortable setting this up by yourself, feel free to book a support call so the support team can help you with it.
How do I create an API Key on Google Play?
- First, go to the Google Play Console and in the side menu click on Set up > API Access > and click on Choose a project to link.
- A window will pop up for you to agree to the terms of service. Next, tick the circle corresponding to Create new project.
- You will then be taken to a new page where you should press Create new service account.
- Now, press Google Cloud Platform. This will open a new tab of your browser.
- On this new screen, press Create Project.
- You must link the name of the service account (the name of the application) and then click on the Create option.
- On the new page, press Create service account.
- Fill out all of the required fields about the Service account details and press Create and Continue.
- After creating the service account, you'll need to define the permissions of the created account. On the dropdown bar that says Select a role, you should select the option Project > Owner and click Continue > Done.
- After completing all the steps listed above, you will need to create the API Key. To do so, click on the Three dots icon corresponding to Actions and select Manage keys.
- Now, click Add Key > Create new key. A sidebar will pop up with the types of keys that can be generated. Select JSON and click Create.
- The generated file with the private key will be saved to your computer.
How do I add the JSON Key to the platform?
The JSON key should be entered in the Android-specific field under the Company Details.
Don't copy and paste the JSON Key link. You should copy the long text that is inside the file and paste it to the Google Play JSON Key field.
Once the API Key has been generated and added to the Android-specific field on the Details page of the platform, you are good to go and the publication process will take up to 10 business days!