Simulated Live Streaming
This option allows you to set a pre-recorded video to be streamed live at the time and date you have set for your activity. Users will be unable to rewind or re-watch the content unless you set it as an on-demand video.
This article intends to show you how to use this feature and give an example of how it will work.
How do I enable this option?
To enable this option, simply go to Settings >Tools > press Edit > and enable the option Simulated Live Streaming in the tools' Live section.
If instead of seeing a checkbox, you see Click, there might be two reasons why that is happening:
- You will need to enable this feature at the company tools. To do so, simply press Click and a new tab will automatically open at the company tools page. Then, scroll down until you see the Live section, press Edit, and make sure the Simulated Live Streaming checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
- If you went to the company tools and instead of seeing the checkbox, you saw Purchase, this means that this feature is not included in the plan you have purchased. Click here to check which features are included in each plan.
How do I enable the Simulated Live Stream for an activity?
To enable this feature, you must follow the steps below:
- Go to Agenda > Activities > select an activity > press Edit.
- Scroll down until you see Room video mode and select Pre-recorded.
- Select the option Upload video > click on the green folder to select the file from your computer.
- Tick the checkbox of Treat pre-recorded video as simulated live stream.
- Click on End to save the changes.
Watching the pre-recorded video at the Virtual Lobby
After completing all the steps mentioned above, you can now check how the pre-recorded video will look as a Simulated Live Stream in a live event.
The participants will be able to see the activity available at the Virtual Lobby and have the chance to join once the room status label turns to Live.