Video On Demand: Pre-recorded room video mode
- Room video modes
- Choosing Pre-recorded as your room video mode
On Demand, also known as Video On Demand (VOD), allows viewers to watch the selected videos whenever at their schedule's convenience. With this option, viewers can pause, play, fast-forward, rewind, and re-watch the videos On-Demand as much as they would like.
Room video modes
If you are having online activities, once you activate your virtual room, you will be asked to choose your Room Video Mode.
This article intends to teach you how to enable and use the Pre-recorded room video mode to have On-Demand content in your online activities. If you wish to learn more about the other room video modes offered by InEvent, check this article.
Choosing Pre-recorded as your room video mode
If you have chosen pre-recorded as your room video mode, you have many options to choose from. You can paste a link to a web-based video, upload a video of your own or upload a file.
To do so, go to Agenda > Activities > select an activity > press Edit. Next, scroll down until you see Room video mode and select Pre-recorded. Then, press End in the upper right corner to save the changes.
Now that you have selected Pre-recorded as the room video mode, there are three options for you to define which video will be available on-demand: you can either use a web-based video via web URL or you can upload a video from your computer.
To replace your video stream with a web-based video or a browseable website simply select Use link, and paste the video or website link into the text box.
- If you add a website link, the option Treated as an Embed frame will be automatically selected. And this is how participants will see the selected website when accessing your virtual room:
- If you add a video link, this is how participants will see the selected video when accessing your virtual room:
You can use this option if you want to set your Pre-recorded video as a Simulated Live Stream. To upload your own video file, select Upload video, and click on the green upload button to find this file on your computer. There is no limit on the file size for your video.
- If you upload a video, participants who accessed the virtual room will be able to play and stop the video and increase or decrease the playback speed. They will also see a time slider on top of the bottom bar on the entire video player.
By selecting this option to upload a video from your computer, you will also find a Download video button, that can be very useful when uploading a large video to the platform and then sharing a downloadable link with other admins.
Video Trim Mode
The Video Trim tool allows you to trim your videos when uploading them as On-Demand content. The feature provides an interactive UI to select your video's best start and end times.
When uploading a pre-recorded video from the backend, you can follow these steps to use the tool:
- Go to Pre-recorded video.
- Select the Upload video option.
- Click on Add video and choose your video file.
- Toggle the button under your video preview to activate the Trim mode.
- Move the markers to set the start and end times. You can manually insert your Start and End times using the time boxes below the marker.
- Click Upload to save your trimmed video.
Setting your Pre-recorded video as a Simulated Live Stream
This option is only available if you select the Upload video option, you can not choose the Use link option when treating the video as a simulated live stream.
If you want to simulate a live stream, click on Treat pre-recorded video as simulated live stream. Click here to learn more about it.
You can use this option to upload files as PNG, JPEG and PDF. Click on the red bar and choose the file you want to upload.
- And this is what the browsable PDF file will look like for your event's participants:
It is possible to add On-Demand chapters to your videos when using pre-recorded as your room video mode. To learn how to do it, check this article.
Upload captions and subtitles
You can use this option to upload captions and subtitles to your activity to make your event more accessible.
This option will work with pre-recorded videos and also with simulated lives.
To use this option simply click on the red folder icon and choose a caption file in WEBVTT format to upload.
After you upload the file, a pop-up will appear to let you choose the caption and subtitle language.
Inside the Virtual Lobby
Once you have set up your pre recorded activity on the backend, you will be able to activate the captions/subtitles in the activity by clicking on the CC icon at the bottom of the video and choosing the captions/subtitles in the language you configured.
Besides being able to activate captions/subtitles, you can also configure the aesthetics of the text in captions settings. To turn off the captions, simply click on captions off.
How to use attendance tracking in a pre-recorded session?
- First, you need to add the credit units to the Attendance menu to learn how to do this, click here
- Create a pre-recorded activity as shown above
- Click on Edit and scroll down until you find the Attendance tracking option
- Now select the attendance tracking unit you created on the drop-down menu and click on Add.
Press End to save all the changes made.
Below you can see how the attendace tracking pop-up works in simulated and on demand session:
How to set a recorded live stream as pre-recorded session?
- The first step before your live activity begins, is to enable room recording in the activity details tab. Click here for more instructions.
- After your activity is finished, go to the recordings tab of your activity and click 'Set as pre-recorded'. Click here for more details.
What can each permission level do in the Pre-recorded room video mode?
Choosing the level of access your attendees will have on the platform means that they will have different permission levels throughout your event. Here is what each permission level can do in the Pre-recorded room video mode: