The audit report allows you to see a timeline of data changes that have been made in your company's account. This report indicates the date of the change, the name of the modifier, the category where the changes were made among other details of the exact changes.
It's a good tool to examine what activities have occurred on the system and are typically used for diagnostic performance and error correction.
How do I access the audit reports?
At the company level, click on Reports at the left menu > Audit reports
To access the audit reports of a specific event go to Analytics > Audit reports.
The audit reports will provide the following attributes:
- Event: Identifies which event the action was performed (this column will be displayed only at the Audit reports of the company level)
- Person: Who performed the action.
- Action: The action that has been performed.
- From / To: It will indicate changes of status such as from RSVP Yes to No, if a feature was disabled/enabled, etc.
- Target: It will define what or who was affected by the action: it can be a member, an activity, an event tool among other options. as well as its ID.
- Date: When the action happened.
If you wish to narrow the focus of your audit, you can use the following filters:
By pressing Registrations in the top left, you can see logs related to the Attendee's page. You should be able to see who has been added (action: event.person.bind) or removed (action: event.person.dismiss) from your event.
By pressing General in the top left, you will be able to track what your administrators have been doing in the backend and also all attendees that have been added to your event or removed from it.
Here are common actions and a short description of their usage:
- event.person.dismiss: someone has been removed from the People > Attendees page.
- event.person.bind: someone has been added to the People > Attendees page.
- event.person.operate: someone's permission has been changed on the People > Attendees page.
- event.tool.edit: someone has either enabled or disabled a feature under Settings > Tools.
- activity.remove: an activity has been removed from the Agenda > Activities page.
- live.edit: an online activity has been edited on the Agenda > Activities page.
- list.email.edit: a manual selection at Target, or any Edit done at the Review page on Marketing > Communication > Email creator.
- material.create: a file was added to the Event > Content > File.
Searching for specific actions
If you press Search in the top right, you will be able to type a specific action and press the blue button that says Search.
In the example above, I typed in event.person.dismiss so I obtained a list of all administrators who have removed someone from the attendees' list. I also got the information of who was removed (the ID under the Target column) and also when it was done.
How do I export this data?
To generate a report and have this information in a spreadsheet available outside of the platform, press Edit in the top right and then Report in the top left.
Similarly to the company level, press Edit in the top right and Report in the top left.
Once you click in Report, a message will appear at the top of the screen, warning you that you will receive the file with the data in your email when the process is complete.