- Types of email
- How do I create a personalized email?
This article intends to teach you how to send personalized emails or some specific communication that you want to pass to your event attendees or some predetermined list.
Types of email
There are two types of email: automatic emails and custom emails.
- Automatic emails
You can use the email creator tool to customize automatic emails such as:
- Confirmation email
- Admission emails
- Ticket invite emails
- Rejection emails
To learn more about automatic emails, click here.
- Personalized emails
The Email Creator also allows event organizers to send invitations and customized emails to the event invitees, attendees and also to custom lists of people.
How do I create a personalized email?
To create a personalized email press Marketing > Communication > Email creator.
Then in the top left corner press the + New email button, enter the email subject, then choose a Template and press the blue Create button.
After adding the subject of your email and choosing the email template, you will be directed to the design and customization page of the email.
You will find six categories that contain different options to create sections on your email. To add a section, drag it from the left to the email on the right.
- Typography: In this section you will find headings and text templates of different font sizes and formats, with and without editable icons and buttons, lists and tables.
- Media: Here you will see options to insert images, an editable QR code, a section with all your event sponsors that you previously added under Event > Sponsors, as well as a section with all the event Speakers added under Event > Speakers. Click here for more information about the Sponsors' section on the email and its customization and here for more information on the Speaker's section on the email and how to customize it.
- Layout: Add divisions to your email sections.
- Button: Insert different buttons, such as 'App download', 'Add to Calendar' and the attendee's Digital Ticket Voucher.
- Social: Add social media links to your email. To edit them navigate to Event > Details.
- Footer: Choose between 2 footer options for your email.
You can reorganize, duplicate, and delete sections using the menu bar in the top left corner of each section.
You can also change icons and make them clickable as shown below.
- Text contents
To add text and links to a section, click on the text and an edit box will open up on the left side. Here you can enter your Dynamic content which contains either information about your event or information about a person. You can add Dynamic links for example to your website, registration form, download page, and account page. Also, you will be able to add images, tables, links, forms and edit the format of the email.
Click here for further information on how to use the dynamic content.
You can choose the section's color on the color picker or enter the hex code of the color you would like to have. You can ask Google what hex code represents each color. For example, blue is #0000FF.
Padding goes around all four sides of the content and you can target and change the padding for each side (just like a margin).
- Show content
You can decide whether to show or hide certain content from a section. Not all sections have this option available.
Once you have finished editing your email, you can proceed to choose the recipients of your email by clicking Target.
In the Target section, there are two drop-down boxes that will help you select recipients. The boxes are highlighted below:
The first drop-down box allows you to choose the group of people who will receive your email, as highlighted below:
You can choose from the following groups:
- All attendees
- All invited
- All registrants
- Members of Custom lists you have created
Afterwards, using the second drop-down box, you can select members of the chosen group as recipients or further specify them using various filters, as shown below:
Using the drop-down box above, you can choose from several options. By choosing Manual selection, you can manually select recipients by ticking the box beside the recipient's name, as shown below:
By choosing All, you can select all group members as recipients.
Filters are available depending on the group you have chosen in the first drop-down box, with the specifics listed below:
- All attendees
- Refer to this this article for Attendee filters.
- All invited
- Refer to this this article for Invitee filters.
- All registrants
Filters available for this option are:
- Pending purchase: Registrants who have not completed their purchase
- Enrolled: Enrolled attendees
- Waitlist: People who are still waiting for approval
- Members of Custom lists you have created. Only Manual selection will be available for this option.
Once you have finished selecting the recipients of your email, you can proceed to review and send the email by clicking Review.
Review & Send
In the Review section, we can verify the subject of the email and also set the time the email will be sent. You can schedule the specific date and time that you prefer to send the email. To do this, click on the Edit button in the Send email field.
After setting this information, click on the blue Save button and then press the green Send button.
In addition, you can also create a trigger for your email, such as sending it as soon as someone responds to a specific form. To do this, click Edit in the Trigger field.
Select the form option that you want to link to the email and click the blue Save button
How do I preview an email before sending it?
You can preview the email on a computer or on a smartphone, or you can send a preview to your email.
To preview the email, press the orange Preview button in the top right corner of the email creator page. Then, press the blue Send preview button if you would like to send the preview email to yourself or another user.
Choose the email address from the drop-down bar and press the blue Send preview button.
You can access the relevant tools of the Email creator by navigating to Marketing > Communication > Email creator. Click on the Settings button in the top right corner. A pop-up will appear with the tools that will help you customize your email settings.
To enable or disable a tool, click on the switch next to it as shown below:
Alternatively, you can access these tools from the Tools page (Settings > Tools). Click here to learn how.
- To learn how to check email statistics, resend, copy, delete an email and unsubscribe from the email list, click here.
- If you wish to white label your event app as well as have custom emails, take a look at this article.
- To prevent your event's email quota from being blocked due to a high bounce rate, check this one.