Integration with HubSpot
- How do I integrate the InEvent platform with HubSpot?
- Linking data between HubSpot and InEvent
It is now possible to integrate InEvent with your HubSpot Marketing account. You can easily send your registrations to HubSpot and import details using bidirectionally workflows. Please, see the following details and actions to follow.
How do I integrate the InEvent platform with HubSpot?
You can integrate the InEvent platform with HubSpot through our native integration or by configuring it through Zapier.
To integrate your HubSpot account with the InEvent platform, at the company level, click Integrations > HubSpot.
Now you are going to click on the Link production account button and get redirected to the HubSpot page.
Accessing your HubSpot account
When you enter the HubSpot page, you have to log into your account. Once you are logged in, you can choose the InEvent account and then press select 'Choose account'.
You will be redirected again to the InEvent and, congratulations, your event is integrated with HubSpot now.
Linking data between HubSpot and InEvent
Once you have linked your HubSpot account with InEvent platform, you will be able to easily sync data between HubSpot and InEvent.
To do this, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot.
On this page, you can link the following items to be synchronized:
- Lists: By using the HubSpot integration you are able to synchronize your event attendees with a static list on HubSpot automatically.
- Fields: Synchronize InEvent fields with various HubSpot fields.
On this page, you can select a HubSpot static list to be synced with InEvent. Below are the available options:
- Select a static list to sync (if applicable): Using the drop-down box, select an existing HubSpot static list to be synced with your event.
- Sync new registrations: Using the checkbox, enable or disable automatic synchronization of new users from InEvent to HubSpot.
- Sync contact from HubSpot automatically: Using the checkbox, enable or disable automatic synchronization of contact from HubSpot to InEvent.
- For new contacts added directly to your list, choose a target list to sync: Using the drop-down, select the target list to sync in InEvent: Attendees or Invitees.
Once you have configured this page, click on the Sync data button at the top of the page, and your InEvent's attendee list will be synced with your HubSpot's static list (if linked). Data can be synced at intervals of 2 minutes from InEvent's platform.
To sync new registrants from InEvent to HubSpot, ensure to click on the Sync data button to have them reflect on HubSpot in about one minute.
In this section, you can manage your Fields settings and map InEvent fields to HubSpot fields.
The InEvent fields you can link with HubSpot fields are listed below:
- Magic link
- Enrollment date
- Custom questions in your Registration form
Once you have mapped InEvent fields to HubSpot fields, click on Sync data at the top of the page.
Importing leads to your event
Below, we will teach you how to import leads from HubSpot and add them as attendees to your event:
To import attendees, click on People > Attendees > Edit on the right upper corner. Then, you will see the button Import from HubSpot.
By clicking on the Import from HubSpot button, a new window will open for you to search the names from your HubSpot account that you would like to import to your event. Once you have found the person you wish to import, click on the arrow corresponding to this lead on the right-hand side of the screen.
Then, this contact will be moved to the list of people that are going to be imported into the system on the right-hand side, and to confirm the action, you should press the blue button Import.
After clicking on the Import button, you will be able to see all the contacts that were imported on the attendee's list. To identify the attendees imported from HubSpot, you will see the HubSpot icon next to their names.
To import invitees (People > Invitees) or to add people to lists (People > Lists), you should follow the same process described above.
Exporting leads from your event
You can also export leads from InEvent to HubSpot, from the People > Attendees page. Simply choose an attendee by clicking on them. A window with this person’s details will appear. Click on Edit > CRM Sync. A new window will pop up and you should select HubSpot from the dropdown bar and press Export, as shown below:
The user will be exported instantly to your Contacts on HubSpot and their associated company icon detected from their provided email will be displayed next to their name.
Actions to take within Zapier for InEvent
- Create new attendee
- Create new event
- Update attendee
- Attendee check-in
- Attendee check-out
- Poll answers
- API request
Actions to take within Zapier for HubSpot
- Add Contact to List - Adds a contact to a specific static list.
- Create Form Submission - Creates a new submission for a selected form.
- Create or Update Contact - Creates a new contact or updates an existing contact based on email address
- Create Calendar Task - Creates a new calendar task.
- Create Engagement - Creates a new Engagement for a contact, in HubSpot.
- Create Social Media Message
- Creates and immediately publishes a message on a specified social media channel.
- Create Ticket - Creates a Ticket in HubSpot.
- Add Contact to Workflow - Adds a contact to a specific workflow.
- Create COS Blog Post - Creates a blog post in your HubSpot COS blog
- Create Enterprise Event - Creates a new custom enterprise event.
Once you have identified and mapped the action to the intended output, please follow the steps in the subsequent Zapier process flow.
For a more detailed overview on how to use and create Zaps with Zapier, please check out their instructions here: Zapier Getting Started Guide