Blocked list: blocking email domains
By using InEvent's Blocked list feature, you will be able to block unwanted email domains from registering for your event. In other words, people who try to register using emails containing certain domains that have been blocked on the platform will not be able to proceed on the registration form.
How do I add a domain to the blocked list?
To add an email domain to the blocked list, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Marketing > Registration > Registration Form.
- Click on Blocked list on the left menu panel.
- Click on Edit.
- Enter the email domain you wish to add to the blocked list.
- Click on Add to blacklist.
- Press End to finish.
Once this process is complete, users will be notified with a 'This email is not accepted' message in the Email address field if their email domain has been added to the Blocked list.
Can I customize the error message for blocked domains?
You can customize the error message This email is not accepted using the Headings feature. To do this, go to Account > Headings at the company level or Settings > Headings at the event level, then follow the steps below:
- Click on Add heading.
- Choose Form - Blocked list email error message from the Select heading type drop- down.
- Type in the new heading value in the Type heading value box.
- Click on Create.
Below is an example of how the customized heading looks on the Registration form.
How do I remove an email domain from the blocked list?
To remove an email domain from the Blocked list, simply click on the red trash icon. A confirmation box will appear for you to confirm your action, click on Remove.