- How do I enable the attendance tracking tool?
- How do I add units?
- How do I define which activities will award units?
- Attendance tracking reports
- How do I create certificates of attendance?
With the attendance tracking tool, event organizers will be able to track and report Continuing Education Units (CEU), Continuing Professional Education (CPE), or any other custom credit units.
Understading CEU and CPE
How do I enable the attendance tracking tool?
To enable this feature, go to Settings > Tools > scroll down until you see the Compliance section. Then, press Edit, and make sure the Attendance tracking checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If instead of seeing a checkbox, you see Purchase, there might be two reasons why that is happening:
- You will need to enable this feature at the company tools. To do so, go to the company level, and click Account > Tools in the menu on the left-hand side. Then, scroll down until you see the Compliance section, press Edit, and make sure the Attendance tracking checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
- If you went to the company tools and instead of seeing the checkbox, you still saw Purchase, this means that this feature is not included in the plan you have purchased. Click here to check which features are included in each plan.
How do I add units?
To add units, go to People > Attendance.
Then, press + Add unit. A window will open up and you will need to fill out a few fields:
- Select a template: this field is optional. You can choose from (CEU) Continuing Education Units - 10 hours or (CPE) Continuing Professional Education - 50 minutes. If you select an option from the template, the following fields Acronym, Name, Hours and minutes will be prepopulated. If you prefer, you can create custom credit units by defining its acronym, name, how many hours and/or minutes a unit will represent, and its minimum frequency.
- Acronym: Type the unit's acronym.
- Name: Type the unit's name.
- Hours and minutes: Define how many hours and/or minutes a unit will represent.
- Minimum frequency: The attendance will be checked via pop-ups in the Virtual Lobby. Under this field, you can define the minimum amount of pop-ups that show for completing unit credits. You can choose automatic, or from 1 to 12 times. Read the following section for further information.
Once you have filled out all fields, press Create.
Minimum frequency: pop-ups in the Virtual Lobby
When you add a unit to your event, you define the minimum frequency, which determines the minimum number of pop-ups that should be displayed and answered throughout a session for completing unit credits.
You have the option to choose automatic, or from 1 to 12 times. If, for example, you select '8 times', all attendees present in the session will receive 8 pop-up messages, asking them to confirm if they are still watching the session, as shown below:
The pop-up messages will only be displayed on the activities you have associated with units.
Read the following section to learn how to define which activities will award unit credits.
By default, the attendees will have 10 seconds to answer each pop-up. If the pop-up isn't answered within 10 seconds, it will disappear automatically.
If you would like to edit the pop-up duration, on the attendance tracking page, click on the blue button corresponding to the credit you wish to edit > press Edit > scroll down until you see Pop-up duration and select the desired length using the dropdown bar.
How do I define which activities will award units?
To define which activities will award units, go to Agenda > Activities > and select an activity. Then, press Edit and scroll down until you see Attendance tracking.
Select a unit under the Select the attendance tracking unit field and press the blue Add button.
How do I remove attendance tracking units from activities?
To remove attendance tracking units from activities, simply press the red button with a trash icon on it.
Attendance tracking reports
To check the attendance tracking reports, go to People > Attendance tracking > click on Reports in the upper left corner. By doing so, you will be able to verify the computed credits for each user or session.
Grouping and ungrouping reports
You can define if you'd like to display a listing of all your reports, or if you'd rather have them grouped by particular fields:
- Grouped by session: You can filter the units computed for each session.
- Grouped by users: You can filter the units computed for each user.
- Ungrouped: All reports will be listed without being grouped by particular fields.
How do I extract this data from the platform?
To have this information available in an excel sheet, press Edit and the Report button will appear in the upper left corner. Once you click the button, a message will appear at the top of the screen, advising you that you will receive the file with the data in your email when the process is complete.
How do I create certificates of attendance?
Event attendees are often looking forward to receiving a certificate once the event is over so they are able to add it to their CV, and set themselves apart in a competitive industry. Click here to check a step-by-step on how to generate automated and personalized certificates of attendance for your event.