Your Event App: white label process
- What steps do I need to take to complete this process?
- When will the app be available?
- Tips for speeding up your app approval
- Where will the app be available?
The visual identity of an enterprise or company is essential so it becomes a strong brand. InEvent platform allows the customization of images and colors in order for your company to have all the identity details reflected in the cloud and on the event app.
What steps do I need to take to complete this process?
To begin, complete the following steps.
- To begin the process of setting up a white-labeled app, first, you are required to open a Business account in the Apple App store and/or a Google Play store account.
- To learn how to open a Google play store account, click here
- To learn how to open an Apple Business account, click here
- Complete all of your Company Details, including the App Information.
- Insert your Company Images.
- Complete all Legal Information required.
- Once this is done, you will choose which publishing method to pursue.
- The email firstname.lastname@example.org and password default should be added to both the company details page and to the app account store to grant us admin access. You should follow this step-by-step: Adding users inside stores.
- For your Google Play Store details, ensure the JSON key is also entered in the Android specific field (for how to extract, see Adding users within stores ).
- Once this information is completed, tick the boxes for Request Android update and Request iOS update. When you are done, click End.
- Ensure you have prepared your event for approval on the Apple App Store.
- Two-factor authentication is a store security rule that customers are required to use depending on their store configuration.
Click here for further information on two-factor authentication for the Apple Store.
Click here for further information on two-factor authentication for the Google Play Store.
When will the app be available?
- The publishing of an app on the Google Play Store will take up to 10 business days and on the Apple Store will take up to 25 business days.
- Subsequent updates (name change, splash image, or color) occur within 5 business days.
- The deadlines do not depend on the chosen form of publication (direct or MDM)
Tips for speeding up your app approval
- If you are an agency: Get your clients' signatures
Often the visual identity of the event is directly related to that of the contracting company. Both Apple and Google stores have strict rules regarding image use. You should get your client's image usage permissions.
- Create an event exclusive for this process
Your app will be submitted for the first time for publication, and may then undergo several updates over time. Therefore an event, for this approval purpose only, is required to be created. Setting up an event exclusively for this means you won't have to worry about updating content or access every time.
Check this document for further information on in-store app approval.
Where will the app be available?
Your event app will be available from both Android and iOS platforms and can be accessed and downloaded for free from the app stores.
How do I remove the application's initial phrase?
The app's initial phrase is Discover an even more inspiring experience during the event!
If you'd like to remove it, access the company details and disable Initial flow should be available, as shown below:
Can the login page be skipped on the app?
The InEvent application requires the attendee to be authenticated to have access to the event. Therefore, we suggest that a simplified form of login, such as single sign-up, is used.
Click here to learn more about the login options that we offer.
Does the app have a cost?
No, there is no charge for the app, nor does it have any in-app purchases.
How can participants recover their passwords?
At the login screen of the app, you will find a Forgot my password! link. Click on it to reset the password.
Access this article to find out other ways for attendees to recover their passwords.