Integration with Marketo
- How do I enable or disable the Marketo integration?
- Integrating InEvent with Marketo
- Integration Configuration at the event level
- How do I activate the Marketo ID Auth for an event?
Your Marketo integration with InEvent can include created lists, associated emails, given names, or attached tags. You will be able to automatically import all data captured on Marketo's landing pages to the InEvent platform, and also export your data from the InEvent event platform to Marketo. Synchronization occurs automatically and allows custom fields to be used.
How do I enable or disable the Marketo integration?
To enable this feature, go to Settings > Tools > scroll down until you see the Registration section. Then, press Edit, and make sure the Marketo checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If instead of having the option to enable it, you see Click, you will need to enable this feature at the company tools.
To do so, go to the company level, and click Account > Tools in the menu on the left-hand side. Then, scroll down until you see the Registration section, press Edit, and make sure the Marketo checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If you went to the company tools and instead of seeing the checkbox, you see Purchase, this means that this feature is not included in the plan you have purchased. Click here to check which features are included in each plan.
Integrating InEvent with Marketo
To integrate InEvent with Marketo, go to Integrations > Marketo. As soon as you click on it, a page will load and you will fill in the blanks:
To find out the data above: clientId, clientSecret, and munchkinId, you need to access your Marketo account.
Accessing your Marketo account
Creating a new role
- Click on Admin > Security > User & Roles.
- In Roles, you must click on New role.
- Type API Role under Role name.
- Select the Access API (25 of 25) option
- Click on Create.
- You will see the recently created Role on your screen just after you finish the step above.
Creating a new user
To do this, click on Users > Invite new user and follow the steps below:
- Step 1 INFO: Add Email, First name, and Last name (it must be written API). Then, click on Next.
- Step 2 PERMISSIONS: You must check the 'API' option and also the 'API Only' and click on the Next button. Note: The API Only option is mandatory.
- Step 3 MESSAGE: Just click on Send to finalize the process
Setting up the integration
The next step is to configure the Integration,
- Click on Admin > Integration Launchpoint.
- On this screen, you need to create a new service by clicking on New > New service.
- You must fill in the fields according to the following image (except the description field, which can contain any text as it makes no difference, and the API Only User should contain the previously created user) and click on Create.
To check your final information click View details.
Finally, the munchkinId can be found on Integration > Munchkin > Munchkin account ID.
After filling in all fields in the integration screen of the InEvent platform (Integrations > Marketo), click on Link Account. You can see in the following screen that the integration has been made.
Then, you will see this page notifying you of the completion of the integration process, which means the Marketo feature will be ready to use.
Integration Configuration at the event level
After linking your Marketo Account with InEvent at the company level, you can select your event and continue the configuration of the integration.
To do so, on your event's page click on Settings > Integrations > Marketo.
Under Custom fields, you will be able to link your custom fields from Marketo with your custom fields from InEvent.
In the Lists fields, you'll have the option to choose a list from InEvent to be linked with a list from Marketo. You should select the desired lists and click on Link Lists to integrate them.
- There is a Marketo sync for Activity attendance using Static Lists inside Program: this feature allows you to sync all activity attendances into Marketo that will show up inside your program;
- All lists will be created using the same name as the activity inside a folder called InEvent in your Program.
On the Marketo integration page, click on Program. Here, you have the option to select the program you want to link with InEvent.
Then, you will be able to synchronize your attendees.
To synchronize attendees, you must click on Synchronization > Sync attendees. You will be notified by email when the synchronization is ready.
After the synchronization has been confirmed in your email, your information will be updated on the integration information page.
All attendees who are synchronized via integration with Marketo will be flagged with a lightning bolt.
To see additional information for each attendee you need to click on Edit and select the person you want. Additional information is available on the right side of your screen.
- Program controls: Here you will see which automation controls are activated for your integration.
- Membership status: Here you will be able to see the status of the different types of lists.
- My tokens: Here you will see the list of tokens. When using a token, you also want to provide a default value. This is the text that displays if a person doesn't have a value for the field it references.
InEvent currently offers My Tokens integration on Marketo for the following tokens:
- Event ID: The InEvent event identifier;
- Event Name: The InEvent event name;
- Event Email: The InEvent event email;
- Event Website: The InEvent event website;
- Event Date Begin: The InEvent event start date;
- Event Date End: The InEvent event end date;
- Event Registration Form: The InEvent event registration form URL;
- Event Main Page: The InEvent event main page (with magic link);
- Event Virtual Lobby: The InEvent event virtual lobby page (with magic link).
How do I activate the Marketo ID Auth for an event?
To enable this feature, go to Settings > Tools > scroll down until you see the Login section. Then, press Edit, and make sure the Marketo ID Auth checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If instead of seeing a checkbox, you see Click, you will need to enable this feature at the company tools. Then, scroll down until you see the Login section, press Edit, and make sure the Marketo ID Auth checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If you went to the company tools and instead of seeing the checkbox, you still saw Purchase, this means that this feature is not included in the plan you have purchased. Click here to check which features are included in each plan.
Once the tool is enabled, you will have a link example in your Marketo Settings that you can use to generate Magic Links directly on Marketo.