Mobile app: User guide for event organizers
If you are planning to boost engagement and facilitate connections among attendees, the mobile app is the right choice for your event! On the app, you can promote the event's agenda, share information through the news feed, have the participants answering surveys or asking questions through their phone, and much more.
In this article, we'll show you the attendee's journey when using the mobile app as well as the benefits of a live mobile experience.
What are the main differences between the InEvent app and the white-label app?
Ready for download and to be customized.
Requires a Business Account on the related stores, and the publishing process can take up to 10 business days on the Google Play Store and 25 business days on the Apple Store.
No extra fee will be charged.
To host an app, the Apple Store charges an annual fee of $99, and the Google Play Store charges a one-time fee of $25 which you pay when you publish your first app.
Color theme, tabs, and headings.
App's name, description, color theme, store icon, splash image, tabs, and headings.
Region Selector, 5 digit code, username or email, and password.
Username or email, and password.
If you wish to publish a white-label app, follow the instructions listed in this article.
If you wish to use the InEvent App, follow the instructions listed below:
Customizing the app
There are lots of possibilities to personalize the app and deliver a powerful experience to the attendees. For more information on how to personalize the app's color theme, tabs, and default texts, check this article.
Downloading the app
Login through the App
Once you have the app installed, you will be asked to Select the access region, and enter the five-digit code provided by the event's organizer:
The region selector must be chosen as the following: If the event is using the US server, all participants should pick North America. If the EU server is being used, participants should select Europe.
Now, you will see an Events Directory, and at the bottom of the page, the option for you to log in:
Registering through the App
By enabling the Registration in the Login section of the company tools, you will allow your attendees to sign up for the event on the app, without the need for previous registration via the platform. This means that after filling out the required information, a 6 code digit will be sent to the attendees' email and once they insert it on the code field, they can join the event.
Navigating through the app
Just some highlights on how intuitive is to navigate through the app. You can do this and a lot more:
- Agenda: It's important to provide the attendees a simple and quick way to view the event's agenda, and all the activities, dates and times they are going to be held. To learn how to access the event's agenda via the app, check this article.
- Interactions: Users that are enrolled in the activities can ask questions, answer polls, view files, comment on the chat, all of this with only a few clicks.
- Notifications: Share information with attendees at any time through push notifications. These are unlimited and can be sent directly to all attendees or targeted, improving communication.
- Photo gallery and News feed: the attendees can check the event's photo gallery and also post on the News Feed, especially if you integrate the event with the available social media.
- Networking: Knowing how easy and practical can be the use of the InEvent App, it's time to make sure there is engagement and interactions between attendees!
- Gamification: One of the best examples to achieve that is to set Gamification, by creating fun activities for attendees based on task fulfillment.
- Sponsored ads: Show sponsors' brand prominently, full screen in the event app. Ads are customizable and different sponsors can be displayed a different number of times. Click here for further information.
Ensuring app downloads and engagement
One question that many event planners have when deciding to use the mobile app for engagement and interactions is how to ensure both download and usage among attendees. Click here to check our tips.