- Enabling the feature
- The Hotel Management Dashboard
- Hotel Management Settings
- Room types
- Room Blocks
- Can I download reports from the Hotel Management dashboard?
InEvent's Hotel Management feature streamlines hotel bookings for event organizers. With sub-features like hotels, room blocks, room types, and reservations, event organizers can seamlessly manage attendee experience leading to their event.
Hotel Management also provides extra options and policy settings that allow event organizers to predefine the hotel room capacity and availability. Organizers can also edit hotel details and view analytics.
InEvent's Hotel Management tool is an essential asset for event organizers looking to deliver a smooth guest experience.
Enabling the feature
To enable Hotel Management, go to Settings > Tools, and find the tool under the Hospitality section, as shown below:
Click on Edit and tick the checkbox next to the tool. Press End to save your changes. (The option will appear as Yes when you are done.)
After completing the steps above, you can access the Hotel management dashboard on the platform by navigating to People > Logistics > Hotel Management.
The Hotel Management Dashboard
From the Hotel Management dashboard, you are able to create and manage the following hotel customization options:
- Room Types.
- Room Blocks.
In addition, you will also be able to access the following analytics and reporting features:
- View Analytics.
- View Booked Dates.
Hotel Management Settings
The Settings button on the top right of the Hotel Management dashboard reveals the most relevant settings to Hotel management. You can enable the following options:
- Hotels on form: This option displays the hotel section on the registration form for selection.
- Hotel reservation email: The option allows the platform to send automatic emails to participants confirming their hotel reservations and cancellations.
- Hide hotel booking number: This option hides hotel booking numbers from attendees to avoid confusion.
If you are looking to add a new hotel to your Hotel Management system, follow these steps from your Hotel Management dashboard:
- Select the Hotels option from the left panel.
- Click the +Add hotel button at the top of the page.
- Complete the following fields in the dialog box:
- Hotel name: The intended name of your hotel.
- Check-in time and Check-out time: The intended check-in and check-out time for your hotel
- Reservations end at: The specific date and time when you want all hotel reservations to end. (If you leave this field empty, hotel reservations will be available until the day of your event.)
- Enable the following tools, according to your needs:
- List hotel: Enable this if you want your hotel to be listed on the registration form.
- Allow changes: Enable this if you want the hotel to allow participants to make changes to their hotel block dates. To learn what happens when this option is enabled, refer to this section.
- Allow guest: Enable this if you want your participants to include guests in their hotel reservations.
- Waitlist: Enable this if you want to allow users to make reservations on hotel blocks that are already full.
- Press the Create button after entering all the required information and togging the tools according to your needs.
Your new hotel will now be added to your Hotel Management dashboard and is ready to be managed!
Updating Hotel Information
After creating a hotel, you can add additional information in regard to the hotel Address and Telephone information. To add this additional information, click on the blue button in the right corner of the hotel you want to update.
An information window will appear to the right of your screen. Locate the Address subsection and update your hotel information as required.
To remove a hotel you have previously added, click on the blue button in the right corner. An information window will appear to the right of the screen. Scroll down the information window. Click the Edit button at the top right, and click on Remove hotel.
A Remove hotel notification pop-up will appear. To verify hotel removal, follow the pop-up instructions and click on the Remove button for the hotel to be removed (as shown below:)
The Room Types menu allows you to add different room types for each of your hotels. Participants will be able to select from these room types when booking hotels on the Registration form.
Adding a Room Type
To add a room type, complete the following steps from the Hotel Management dashboard:
- Select the Room Types tab on the left panel.
- Click on +Add room type.
- Select a hotel from the Hotel drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of your room type in the Room name field.
- Press Create.
From the Room Types page, you will also be able to see each Hotel, the types of rooms available, their names, and the number of Booked Dates for each particular room type.
Room blocks allow you to reserve a specific number of rooms, at a hotel, for a certain period of time.
Adding Room Blocks
To add a Room block to a hotel, follow these steps:
- Click on the Room Blocks tab on the left panel and select +Add room Block.
- Select the hotel you want to reserve rooms at under the Hotel dropdown.
- Choose the Date for the room block, then specify the number of rooms you need to reserve.
- Click the Create button to create the room block.
After creating a room block, you will be able to view the following information from the Room blocks page:
- The hotel
- The Block date
- The number of Rooms
- The number of Booked rooms
- The number of Remaining rooms
- The number of participants on the Waitlist.
Viewing room block reservations
Right from the Room blocks page, you can also view the reservations that have been made for a particular room block. To do so, click on the magnifying glass icon next to the room block you want to inspect.
You will be directed to the Reservations page, where you will find detailed information on reservations for that specific room block.
Removing Room Blocks
You can remove room blocks by clicking on the Edit button in the top right corner, ticking the box next to the room block, and pressing Remove at the top right corner of the page.
A notification pop-up will appear. To verify the Room block removal, follow the pop-up instructions and click on the Remove button (as shown below):
The Reservations page allows event organizers to assign attendees (and their guests) directly to specific room blocks within any hotel.
In addition, the Reservations page also displays information about the reservations made by participants while completing the registration form.
Hotel reservations can be made in one of the following ways:
- Event organizers can choose to make reservations for attendees directly on the platform.
- Participants can make reservations on the registration form while enrolling in the event.
Adding reservations from the platform
To add a hotel reservation from the platform, complete the following steps from the Hotel Management dashboard:
- Navigate to Reservations from the left panel.
- Click on +Add reservation.
- Enter the name of the attendee in the Person drop-down.
- Choose a hotel from the Hotel drop-down.
- Select a Block date from the date selector by enabling the toggle next to it.
- Click on the Add button to create the reservation.
Making reservations from the Registration Form
Participants can make reservations directly from the Registration Form while enrolling in the event.
Once the required tools (Hotels on form and List hotel) are enabled, participants will be able to make hotel reservations on the registration form. The image below shows how the Hotel selection section will appear on the registration form:
From the Hotel selection section of the registration form, participants will be able to select hotels, room types, check-in and check-out dates, and choose the option to include a guest in their reservation.
How are reservations displayed on the Reservations page?
On the reservations page, all hotel reservations will appear with the Name of the attendee who owns the reservation (and their guest, if any), the Company, the Check-in and Check-out dates, and the Hotel name.
You can also filter how reservations are displayed by selecting the drop-down menu at the right of the Reservations page. The filter provides the option to view all hotel reservations or individual hotel reservations.
The Reports subsection on the left panel of the Hotel Management dashboard provides you with options to view hotel booking Analytics and explore the Booked dates for your individual hotel blocks.
These insights help event organizers make data-driven decisions that enable them to plan and improve the guest experience.
To view hotel booking analytics, navigate to the Analytics tab under the Reports subsection. You will be able to see the following information:
- Total rooms: The total number of rooms across all hotels in the Hotel Management dashboard.
- Vacancy: The total number of rooms available for reservations in the Hotel Management dashboard.
- Reservations: The total number of reservations made across all room blocks in the Hotel Management dashboard. This includes reservations made on the platform (by event organizers) and those made directly from the registration form (by participants).
- On waitlist: Displays the total number of reservations available on room blocks that are already full.
- Reservation changes: Displays information on each Hotel, the changes made to reservations (What has been changed), the Person who owns the reservation, and the Date the reservation was made.
To view all the booked dates of the hotels and the attendees who have active reservations, select the Booked Dates option from the left panel.
The resulting page will display information on the Person who owns the reservation, the Block date (for the Room Blocks), the Hotel, and information on whether there are any reservations on the Waitlist (if the room block capacities are full and the tool is enabled).
In addition, You can also use the Hotels or Date filters on the right to filter relevant information according to your needs. To do so, select your choice from the available options in the drop-down menus highlighted below:
Can I download reports from the Hotel Management dashboard?
It is possible to download reports from the following pages of the Hotel Management dashboard:
- Room blocks
- Booked Dates
To download reports from any of these pages, navigate to the desired page. Click on the Edit button in the top right corner, and click on the Report button at the left corner of the page.
Once you click on the Report button, a message will appear at the top of the screen, with a notice that you will receive the excel file with the data in your email when the process is complete.