How can I configure questions on forms?
- Adding new questions to forms
- Editing questions
This article will show you how to add, edit or remove questions from forms, as well as how to set up the answer types in order to gather general information about the participants.
We understand that forms can be created for various purposes, and that's why we'll show you how to configure questions on registration forms, feedback forms, and custom forms.
Adding new questions to forms
The process to add new questions to forms will be the same for the three types of form offered by InEvent:
The only difference will be how to access the page in order to create these questions.
The standard registration form includes default questions such as name, e-mail address, username, password, role, and company information.
To add new questions, go to Marketing > Registration > Registration form, click the + Add Question button in the top left corner
The feedback form will vary depending on which type of survey will be conducted:
- Event feedback: Go to Event> Content > Feedback
- Activity feedback: Click on Agenda > Feedback and then select an activity
- Sponsor feedback: Go to Event > Sponsor, select the Sponsor, at the Details tab scroll down until you see Ask for feedback when leaving, press Edit
To add new questions to custom forms, you need to navigate to Marketing > Registration > Custom Forms> +Add Form. Once you create the form, you will see the +Add question button in the upper left corner.
Then, you will need to choose the Answer Type from a list of options using the drop-down box.
- Yes or No - The attendee must choose between Yes and No.
- Grade from 0 to 5 - The attendee should choose a number from 0 to 5.
- Options List - Here the organizer can set several options for the attendee to choose from (not multiple choice).
- Plain Text - Displays a text box for the attendee to reply with a response.
- Passport Field - Within the standard international passport structure, the attendee must enter the official ID.
- File Upload - The attendee must attach the desired file, requested by the organizer.
- Multiple Choice - Here the organizer can set several multiple-choice options.
- Date & Time - Here the attendee can choose a date and time from the calendar.
- Date - Here the attendee can choose a date from the calendar.
- Time - Here the attendee can choose a time from the calendar.
- Numeric - The attendee can only enter numbers in this field, with a limit of 9 digits. If your type of answer requests more than 9 digits, use the answer type Plain text.
- Brazilian CPF field - This is for attendees who live in Brazil to provide their 11 digit CPF Id.
When selecting the Options list as the answer type, there are a few preset options to choose from. Among them is the Empty List for you to add your own catalog.
- Adding your list
When selecting Empty list, on the field page click on Edit then select your question. Then, press the bullet point icon (outlined in the image below), and click the blue Add Multiple Options button
- Presets option list
You can also select one of the preset options such as List of countries, List of US states, List of US states (abbreviation), List of US territories, List of US territories (abbreviation), List of US states and territories, and List of US states and territories (abbreviation). And the Options list will look like this as the List of countries as example:
Required and Visible questions
Having a required question means that the attendees will need to answer that question to be able to advance through the form.
To define if a question will be required or not, press the Edit button, click on a question, then tick or untick the checkbox corresponding to Required.
If you decide to make the question invisible, as an admin, you can still see that question at My Account tab. To make it easier, there is an invisible icon sign before the question and after between brackets a sentence that says 'this question is invisible'.
How do I rearrange the order of the questions?
To rearrange the order of the questions, hover your mouse over the squares next to the custom question and drag the squares up or down, to place the questions into order.
How do I create a question with a default answer?
You can configure questions to be prepopulated with default answers.
Select the question you'd like to add the default answer to, press Edit > and select or type in the Default value.
In the example below, the event organizers selected Yes/No as the answer type, so they can define if the default answer should be Yes or No. But if you Select Plain text as the answer type, you will see a field to type in the default value. The default value options will depend on the Answer type selected.
How to use username masks?
When creating new questions of the Plain Text type, you can insert a Username Mask in order to keep the answers under the desired format.
For example, you can ask for the attendee's birthdate and insert a username mask to make sure the input data follows an MM/DD/YYYY format.
To learn more about conditional questions, read this article.
Deleting questions from the form
To remove a question, please click on it, then on the Edit button (top right corner of the screen). The Remove field will show up, allowing you to delete the selected question. Click on it and then click Remove on the window that pops up. To save this change, please click End.