How do I add new questions to the registration form?
- Adding an Option List as an answer
- How do I add a conditional question to an answer?
- How do I create a question with a default answer?
- How to use the Username Masks?
- How to remove a question I've already created?
If you are building your registration form, click the + Add Question button in the top left corner of the Registration Form page ( Marketing > Registration > Registration).
Fill out the details of your question starting with the Question title and Question subtitle (if required).
Then you can choose the Answer Type from a list of options using the drop-down box.
- Yes or No - The attendee must choose between Yes and No.
- Grade from 0 to 5 - The attendee should choose a number from 0 to 5.
- Options List - Here the organizer can set several options for the attendee to choose from (not multiple choice).
- Plain Text - Displays a text box for the attendee to reply with a response.
- Passport Field - Within the standard international passport structure, the attendee must enter the official ID.
- File Upload - The attendee must attach the desired file, requested by the organizer.
- Multiple Choice - Here the organizer can set several multiple-choice options.
- Date & Time - Here the attendee can choose a date and time from a calendar.
- Numeric - The attendee can only enter numbers in this field, with a limit of 9 digits. If your type of answer requests more than 9 digits, use the answer type "PLAIN TEXT".
- Brazilian CPF Field - The attendee must enter their official CPF number.
Adding an Option List as an answer
When adding an option list as an answer, on the field page click on Edit then select your question. Press the bullet point icon (outlined in the image below).
Then click the blue Add Multiple Options button
What is the Required field in the subscription form settings?
The term Required means that the attendee will need to answer that question to be able to advance through the registration.
To choose if a question is required or not press the Edit button, click on a question, then tick or untick the check box next to Required
Can I rearrange the order of non-default questions?
Yes, hover your mouse over the squares next to the custom question ad drag the squares up or down, to place the questions into order.
How do I add a conditional question to an answer?
At the inEvent platform, it is possible to add a question depending on the answer that the attendee gives on the form.
This field will only appear if the answer type is Yes/No or List of Options. The Question Parent Selection function serves as a conditional to attach a question to an answer.
How do I create a conditional question for a YES/NO question?
Set up both questions on the platform (yes/no question and the child question).
For example, question 1: "Are you staying overnight?", question 2: "Which Hotel?"
Question number 2 is going to be the child question. Click on it and then on Edit.
In the first selector, choose the parent question. In the second, choose which answer it will be linked to (Yes/No). Then click on End.
If an attendee answers Yes to the question "Are you staying overnight?", they will be redirected to the question "Which Hotel?". As the example below demonstrates:
How do I create a conditional for a question that has list of options as the answer type?
Set up both questions on the platform (a question that has list of options as the answer type and the child question).
For example, question 1: "What form of transport will you use to get to the event?"; question 2 "What app do you usually use?".
With the options created, go to the child question ("What app do you usually use?") and click on the Edit button. In the first selector, choose the parent question. In the second, choose which answer it will be linked to (Option 1, option 2, option 3...).Then click End.
If an attendee answers "App" to the question ""What form of transport will you use to get to the event?", they will be redirected to the question "What app do you usually use?". As the example below demonstrates:
How do I create a question with a default answer?
You can configure questions to be prepopulated with default answers.
Select the question you'd like to add the default answer to, press Edit > and select or type in the Default value.
In the example below, the event organizers selected Yes/No as the answer type, so they can define if the default answer should be Yes or No. But if you Select Plain text as the answer type, you will see a field to type in the default value. The default value options will depend on the Answer type selected.
How to use the Username Masks?
When creating new questions of the Plain Text type, you can insert a Username Mask in order to keep the answers under the desired format.
For example: you can ask for the attendee's birthdate and insert a username mask to make sure the input data follows an MM/DD/YYYY format.
How to remove a question I've already created?
To remove a question, please click on it, then on the Edit button (top right corner of the screen). The Remove field will show up, allowing you to delete the selected question. Click on it and then click Remove on the window that pops up. To save this change, please click End.