Migrating data to InEvent
Migrating data from one platform to another can be a complex process, considering the difference of the platforms and the data structure. To ensure the data migration process runs smoothly, it is necessary to carefully plan and conduct the process. In this guide, we will guide you through the general steps to migrate data from a previous platform to the InEvent platform.
In this section, you will find information on how you can export and import data to the InEvent platform, configuring integrations, as well as finalizing your data migration process.
Exporting data from your previous platform
First, it is necessary for you to collect and export data from your previous event platform. Different platforms may have different kinds of data and data structure, so ways of collecting and exporting data may also differ.
The InEvent FAQ provides the following guides on collecting and exporting data from different event platforms:
- Exporting data from Zoom Event
- Exporting data from Hopin
- Exporting data from Cvent
- Exporting data from Notified
- Exporting data from On24
- Exporting data from Kaltura Event
- Exporting data from Microsoft Teams
- Exporting data from Google Meet
- Exporting Leads and exporting data manually from Eventbrite
- Exporting leads from Bizzabo Event
- Exporting Leads from Pathable
Importing data to InEvent
Once you have expored all necessary data, you can easily import data to the InEvent platform in bulk by utilizing spreadsheets. Spreadsheet imports are available for the following features:
Enabling the import feature
Before starting to process and import the data, it is important to ensure that the Import / Export tool is enabled on the platform. The Import / Export tool can be enabled from Event tools.
Once you have ensured that the Import / Export tool is enabled, you can proceed to adjust and import your data into the InEvent platform.
Adjusting the data
As different platforms can have different data structures, it is important for you to adjust all imported data before importing them to the InEvent platform.
InEvent provides downloadable demo spreadsheet files so you can easily adjust your existing data. You can follow InEvent FAQ's guide on using the demo file provided by InEvent.
Once you have made adjustments to your spreadsheets, you can proceed to start importing them to the InEvent platform.
After adjusting your data, it is easy to import your data to the InEvent platform using the Import / Export tool.
You can follow InEvent FAQ's general guide on importing and exporting spreadsheets.
Once you have finished importing your spreadsheets to the InEvent platform, you can also proceed to integrate a variety of useful analytics, CRM, and payment services to your event. You can also restore and synchronize your existing data in these services to the InEvent platform after configuring them.
You can follow InEvent FAQ's in-depth guides on configuring the following integrations to your event:
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Integration with Marketo
- Integration with Salesforce
- Integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (MSD)
- Integration with Chatter
- Integration with Cvent
- Integration with Wirecard
- Integration with Stripe
- Integration with Paypal
- Single Sign-On integration
- Integration with HubSpot
- Using Webhooks on InEvent
Once you have finished importing and configuring your event, you can finalize your migration journey by ensuring all data is imported and integrated correctly in the InEvent platform.
Following the data migration process, you can continue following our guide on setting up your events. This guide walks you through the complete process of:
- creating an event and add information on the Details page,
- adding Sponsors, Speakers, and Content,
- creating Activities and choose the settings for the Virtual Lobby,
- learning more about Customization, Communication, and Registration features,
- adding Attendees, Invitees, and Leads, and
- learning about the interactions with attendees and conducting dry runs.