The Approval requirement is a tool that allows event organizers control who they give admission into their events by sending all registrants to the Approvals page and approving them manually.
To enable this feature, go to Settings > Tools > Control section and tick the Approval requirement checkbox. Click on End to save your changes.
Once enabled, participants who complete the registration form, will be sent to the Approvals page and will need to be approved by the event admin to become an attendee.
How can I review participants?
You can review users awaiting event admission by going to People > Approvals. Scroll right and click on the blue icon and a new window will open at the right side displaying the profile details of the user.
Furthermore, you have the option to edit the answers to the custom questions submitted by a user. Simply click on Edit and scroll down to the Identification section to make the necessary changes to the questions' answers.
How do I approve or reject participants?
When a user fills the registration form, they will be automatically sent to the Approvals page to await approval before being added to the Attendee list. They will see the message below:
They will also be sent an Admission email.
To approve a participant, go to People > Approvals and click on the Approve person button under the Controls column. To reject the participant, click on the Reject person button instead.
Once you reject a user. they will receive a Rejection email. Their status under the Controls column will show Rejected by organizer.
Can I download submission details of participants?
Yes, you can download the submission details of an applicant as a PDF file. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Approval's page, click on the Details button beside the applicant.
- Click on the Print submission button located at the top right corner of the page.
- In the new window, adjust your printing settings using the provided options. To save the user's submission as a PDF, choose either Microsoft print to PDF or Save as PDF from the Destination menu dropdown.
- Click on the Print or Save button depending on the selected PDF option.
- Provide a file name for the submission and save the PDF document to your computer.
Can I extract a report?
Yes. To do so, click on the Report button on the top left corner of the page. A blue notification banner will be displayed at the top of the page informing you that your spreadsheet is being processed and will be sent to your e-mail.
Approval requirement and Ticket requirement
If the Ticket requirement tool is enabled alongside Approval requirement, the Approvals page will serve same function as the Applicants page for ticket purchase approval.
When using Approval requirement with Ticket requirement, the Controls column will display:
- Approve for purchase / Reject person buttons: For users awaiting approval for ticket purchases when filling the purchase form.
- Approved for purchase: The status of a user who has been approved for ticket purchases.
- Approved: Also appears for a user whose ticket purchases has been authorized by the payment platform or event organizer.
- Rejected by organization: Also appears for a user who wasn't approved for ticket purchase.
For more information, refer to our Applicants article.