Screen sharing in the Virtual Lobby
You can use our native file-sharing capabilities to share documents, images, audios and videos on your screen without having to open another window or tab.
How do I screen share in the Virtual Lobby?
In order to see the Start sharing button and screen share, you will need to have presenter permissions.
Either as a speaker linked to a specific activity or as a presenter in a Sponsor booth, you will be able to answers the participant's questions, create polls, upload files, network with other presenters and attendees, and of course: screen share.
Click here to check who will have presenter permissions on activities.
Click here to check who will have presenter permissions on sponsor booths.
Once you press the Start sharing button, you will see three options:
- PDF File
If you select the Screen option, you will have the option to select one of these three tabs:
- Your entire screen: When screen sharing using this option, the users will see your entire screen including your taskbar.
- Application window: You can select one of the applications that are open on your desktop.
- Chrome tab: Here you can choose one of the open tabs while using Chrome (our recommended browser).
Using the Application window option, you can share a PowerPoint presentation without sharing your whole screen. To do so, go to PowerPoint and click on the menu Slide Show and choose Browsed by an individual (window);
Remote for slides
- The presenter sharing the screen needs to install the Chrome extension
- Next, open the presentation on Google Slides and click on 'Present w/ Remote'
- Then, click on 'Start Remote'
- Enter the 6-digit code and click on Connect
- Share the URL containing the access code with the other Speakers or Host to switch forward/backwards the slides. That's it!
- Click on Start sharing
- Select the PDF File option
- Click on Upload and choose a file from your computer or from your Library
- Once the PDF is selected, you will be able to see a preview of the file before you hit the Done button.
In the gif below you can see:
- How to select the PDF and remove it from the backstage (toggle button);
- How to remove the file from the Library (press Yes on the pop-up message to confirm the action)
- How to select the PDF to be presented and share control
If you want to block the content library popup when sharing a PDF or a video, click on Tools > Scroll down to the Block section and click on the Block content library checkbox to activate this feature.
Other room video mode
As a presenter sharing the screen you will have the option to choose directly from the pop-up PDF file manager of your computer. Once the PDF is selected, a preview of the file can be seen before you hit the Share button. You will be able to move back and forward the pages, and also to select a specific page by typing the page number and pressing Enter.
When using Live Studio as your room video mode, you have the possibility to access the Live Studio Video Library - because it runs at the InEvent servers, this option is perfect as there is no need for high-end computers.
Other room video mode
By selecting the Video option, you will be able to select a video from your computer and see a preview of the video before you start sharing your screen. As soon as the video is shared, you can pause the video, move back and forward and control its volume.
The screen share will be interrupted immediately after the video is over, and a message will pop up on the top right side as displayed below: