Live Studio - Streams
When selecting Live Studio as the room video mode, the host will be able to switch between two tabs: Streams and Settings. In this article you will learn about all the possibilities at the Streams tab.
At the Streams tab, the room host has a lot of features to manage.
One of the main ones is to control which presenters are visible on stage and which ones are backstage. This can be done by switching the toggle button on each display on and off.
If a presenter is removed from the stage, the room host will be informed which speaker has been removed from the live stream and the speaker's audio will automatically be muted.
Please take into consideration that:
- If the stream has already started and speakers join the room, by default, they will automatically join backstage to avoid unexpected layout changes. Please, note that speakers are still able to share their screens with all participants without being visible on stage.
- If the host needs to refresh their page, speakers will not be affected and will continue being on stage.
- If the host leaves the room and joins again, they will join backstage but speakers on stage will not be sent backstage. Speakers will continue being on stage.
- Even if all presenters and screens are offstage, the live studio can still be displayed to the audience.
Add all to Live Stream
It is easy and practical to move all the presenters on the backstage to the Live Stream in on single click, the host just needs to click on the button Add all to Live Stream, and it will automatically take everyone on stage (including the Share screen content).
Even though those who are backstage will automatically have their audio muted, speakers can still communicate with each other by enabling the Whisper functionality. This will help the speakers and room host to rehearse before going live as well as to organize themselves while the streaming is happening.
When speakers are whispering backstage, they will be heard by other speakers and by the room host who are on stage and/or backstage, but their audio will not go through the live stream, which means that the audience won't be able to hear the whispers.
- Click on Add video
- Upload > Choose file > select the file from your computer
- From the Library select the video and press Done.
- Click on the 'Add to the Live Stream' toggle button.
- Click on the Play button on top of the video.
- This option allows you to pre-upload the videos for later usage, as it will be stored in the Live Studio Library;
- This video playback is native and runs at the InEvent servers, which means no need for high end computers;
- The possibility to add and play multiple videos at the same time;
- Once the video is over, it will go to backstage automatically, so it’s perfect for a countdown timer before the session starts;
- No more FPS drops nor glitches when sharing a video;
- The possibility of 12 hours of an ongoing stream!
- From the Backstage
To remove the video from the Streams tab, click on the Remove button. A pop-up will appear for you to confirm the removal.
- From the Library
To remove the video permanently from the Library and not only from Backstage, hover over with the mouse on the desired video and click on the trash icon. To confirm the action press Yes when the pop-up appears as demonstrated below:
You can connect multiple cameras to your live stream and switch them throughout the sessions. To do so, when going through the device configuration step right after entering a room as a presenter or room host, you should:
- Select the Show advanced options checkbox
- Click on the + button to add multiple video sources.
Inside the room, the room host and speakers can control their video sources using the Camera switcher on the left-hand side, as shown below:
The presenters can also click on the quality indicator button to see the info for streams on Live Studio backstage. This will give the information regarding the Packets sent, Packets lost, Bytes sent and Frame rate.
It can be extremely useful for example if one of the Speakers displays a packet lost other than 0, so the team involved can do what is necessary to continue a smooth presentation and perhaps notify the audience if needed.
Clean video feed
Clean video feed
When using the Live Studio, the room host will see an option to open a clean video feed under the Streams tab, as shown in the image below:
With a clean feed, you can extract individual speakers' videos from the InEvent video player and utilize them in your own third-party software or mixer.
In the new window, you will see a pop-up message with the option to toggle off Audio and Video. Once you set it according to your needs, press the Start button to start a clean video feed.
After pressing Start, a clean video and audio output of that specific stream will start in full-screen mode.
By using the microphone mirror function, you can hear your own microphone. This function can be useful for testing your microphone before the stream.
To enable this feature follow these steps:
- At the Device configuration tick the Show advanced options checkbox, either from the pop-up when joining the room or from the Settings button at the bottom menu.
- Once you do that, the microphone mirror function will be displayed in the Streams tab
- Click on the checkbox to activate
Editing the Stream label
By clicking on the pencil icon the host can edit the Stream label for both Name and Headline:
If the person who is sharing a PDF decides to give control of the file, it can be simply done by clicking on the Share control button allowing the host or other Speakers to move forward/backward with the presentation. Below you can see the Share control feature activated (1) giving control of the presentation to another Speaker on the right(2).