InEvent allows you to download any type of live broadcasting you created and use it to promote your virtual and hybrid events. Recorded videos are great for building hybrid and virtual events case studies on virtual live conferences, virtual meetings, virtual networking, virtual exhibitions, offsite meetings, offsite events, and any other live stream broadcast for events.
How do I enable room recording?
To enable room recording, go to Agenda > Activities, and select the activity you wish to enable this on. In the Details tab, scroll until you see Room recording. Click on Edit and tick the checkbox to enable this functionality.
How do I download the recording?
Once the session ends the recording is automatically available in the Recordings tab, to be played, downloaded as video, downloaded as audio, set as pre-recorded, or deleted.
Downloading as video
Follow the steps below to download your recording after your session has ended:
- Click on the blue button Download ready.
- Choose the quality: Low, Medium, or High from the pop up window that appears.
- Select the Download option by clicking on the 3 dots that appear at the bottom right of the player. You can also select the Playback speed or change to Picture in picture layout.
Downloading as audio
Follow the steps below to download your recording as audio after your session has ended:
- Click on the blue button Prepare audio download. This will open a pop up window with the message 'Your recording is starting'.
- Click the Download audio ready button once you get the message: Your recording is ready to download.
There are four types of recordings that will be indicated on the left-hand side of each file:
- Live Stream: recording of the live stream.
- Backstage: recordings of the moments before the live stream starts and after it ends.
- Raw footage: If the Local recording feature is enabled, it shows the raw footage of speakers' videos.
- Audio Interpretation: recordings of audio interpretation channels.
This records the raw footage of speakers' videos with full HD quality for post-production purposes. By default, this tool is disabled. To have it enabled, go to Settings > Tools, and scroll down until you see the Live section. Then press Edit and ensure the Local recording checkbox is checked. Press End to save changes.
The raw footage of people with camera and microphone access: the host, admin, staff and presenter and users invited to speak on stage will be available separately at the backend to play, download, or set as pre-recorded under Raw footage in the Recordings tab under Agenda > Activities.
To have the complete recording uploaded on the platform, speakers are to remain in the Virtual Lobby while it uploads. Once the speaker leaves the Virtual Lobby, the upload stops, and only the parts while they were in the Virtual Lobby will be completed.
The number of parts uploaded and the message 'Please ask your speaker to open the Virtual Lobby and finish uploading their recording' will be shown beside the speaker's footage.
Setting the recording as pre-recorded content
To set it as pre-recorded content for this room, click on the orange option Set as pre-recorded. This video will automatically be set as your pre-recorded video for this session.
Click here for further information on the pre-recorded room video mode.
How do I delete a recording?
To delete a recording, press the red button Delete. A window will pop up asking you to confirm if you should like to delete the recording.
Type DELETE RECORDING to confirm and press Delete.
Room recordings and room video modes
The way the recording works will depend on the selected room video mode:
- Pre-recorded: The session will not be recorded since it consists of a recorded file but you can download this recorded file and it will appear under the Recordings tab.
- Live Studio: The recording will start once the room host joins the room and will continue even if the room host leaves the session when using Tokbox as your WebRTC provider.
- Videoconferencing: To ensure the activity is recorded you need to enable the Room recording, and also select a Room host. With this set up, the recording will start once the first presenter joins the room regardless of the presence of the room host. However, the room host will be the only one to see the Recording label at the top of the screen.
- RTMP Streaming: The recording starts the second you start the streaming on the third-party software.
- External Link: Since this session happens outside of the InEvent platform, we are not responsible for its recording.