InEvent allows you to download any type of live broadcasting you created and use it to promote your virtual and hybrid events. Recorded videos are great for building hybrid and virtual events case studies on virtual live conferences, virtual meetings, virtual networking, virtual exhibitions, offsite meetings, offsite events, and any other live stream broadcast for events.
How do I enable room recording?
To enable room recording, go to Agenda > Activities > select the activity and click Edit (top right). Scroll down in the Details tab until you see Room recording and make sure to tick the checkbox to enable this functionality.
How do I download the recording?
Once the session ends the recording is automatically available in the Recordings tab, to be played, downloaded, set as pre-recorded, or deleted.
Follow the steps below to download your recording after your session has ended.
- Click on the blue button Download ready
- Next, a new pop-up will appear to chose the quality: Low, Medium, High
- Lastly, a new tab will open with the video player. In the bottom right of the player, if you click on the 3 dots you can select: Picture in picture, the Playback speed, or Download.
There are three types of recording that will be indicated on the left-hand side of each file:
- Live Stream: recording of the live stream.
- Backstage: recordings of the moments before the live stream starts and after it ends.
- Audio Interpretation: recordings of audio interpretation channels.
Setting the recording as pre-recorded content
To set it as pre-recorded content for this room, click on the orange option Set as pre-recorded. This video will automatically be set as your pre-recorded video for this session.
Click here for further information on the pre-recorded room video mode.
How do I delete a recording?
To delete a recording, press the red button Delete. A window will pop up asking you to confirm if you should like to delete the recording.
Type DELETE RECORDING to confirm and press Delete.
Room recordings and room video modes
The way the recording works will depend on the selected room video mode:
- Pre-recorded: The session will not be recorded since it consists of a recorded file but you can download this recorded file and it will appear under the Recordings tab.
- Live Studio: The recording will start once the room host joins the room and will continue even if the room host leaves the session when using Tokbox as your WebRTC provider.
- Videoconferencing: To make sure the activity is recorded you need to enable the Room recording, and also select a Room host. With this set up, the recording will start once the first presenter joins the room regardless of the presence of the room host. However, the room host will be the only one to see the Recording label at the top of the screen.
- RTMP Streaming: The recording starts the second you start the streaming on the third-party software.
- External Link: Since this session happens outside of the InEvent platform, we are not responsible for its recording.