Device configuration and system check
System checks should be conducted to evaluate the system's compliance with its specified requirements. We suggest room hosts, speakers and attendees run system checks to make sure they are meeting the minimal technical requirements and that their settings are correctly set.
If you are:
- A speaker, room host, or administrator joining a session you'll be taking part in
- An attendee being invited to speak by a room host
- A speaker, room host, administrator, or attendee networking with other people
You should see a pop-up to configure your devices such as camera, speaker, and microphone, as well as the video quality.
You can toggle your microphone and camera on or off by clicking on the icons on the left and select the desired device with the dropdowns on the right.
The High-fidelity music mode will disable any audio processing features and will output high-quality 256kbps audio. You should enable it if you have a high-quality audio source. If you don't have a professional audio input or are in a noisy environment, we recommend keeping it disabled.
Changing the video background
There are two options to change the background:
- Using a third-party virtual camera. To learn more, click here.
- Using the InEvent virtual backgrounds. To learn more, click here.
If you are experiencing any issues or would like to run a system check, you can click Test my connection.
Once you click on Test my connection, you will be taken to the Virtual Lobby testing tool to perform the following tests:
- Browser compatibility
I want my speakers, room hosts, and attendees to run a system check before the event starts
If you, the event organizer, would like the speakers, room hosts, and attendees to run a system check before the event starts, you should go to the Virtual Lobby to retrieve the Virtual Lobby testing tool link for your event.
To do so, go to the Virtual Lobby by pressing Event > Virtual Lobby > preview.
Then, join one activity. A pop-up will appear for you to configure your devices and you should press Test my connection, as shown in the previous section.
You will be taken to the Virtual Lobby testing tool.
You can either copy the page's URL and share it with your attendees or you can also:
- Copy the URL shown under Event > Details > Event nickname
- Manually add /test-your-connection.php to it
- Share it with the room hosts, speakers, and attendees so they can all run a system check before the event starts.
Troubleshoot Virtual Lobby
If you are facing minor inconveniences, make sure to check if you are using a compatible browser, if you are meeting the minimal technical requirements and if your settings are correctly set.
Click here for more troubleshooting tips.