Meetings: instructions for participants
- Using the Meetings feature
- Will the person I invite for the meeting receive a notification?
- If I invite multiple people to a meeting, will all of them receive a notification?
- How do I view all my meetings?
- How do I cancel a meeting?
- How can I set restrictions?
- Instructions for event organizers
You will be able to see a list of other attendees and their information about who is present at the event. You can select another attendee among those at the event to connect with and open a group room to begin a private or public discussion.
Using the Meetings feature
To network with other attendees, scroll to the bottom of the Virtual Lobby homepage. On the right-hand side, active attendees will be listed under Networking. To see all online attendees or search for an attendee, press View all .
When you have found the person you wish to connect with, click on their name. A pop-up will display the attendee's details, and allow you to connect with them via message or a video call.
When you select Ask to meet (camera icon), you will be taken to a screen that will ask you if you would like to Meet now or Schedule Meeting.
Click here for further information on this kind of video request.
- If you select Schedule meeting, you will be taken to a new screen for you to select the best day and time for your meeting. The times will be shown in your local time zone.
- Once you select the best day and time, you will be taken to a screen where you should define the meeting's topic and press Confirm Booking.
- Once you confirm your booking, you will see the screen shown below.
Schedule a meeting with multiple participants
You can select multiple guests for your meeting when booking it. To do it, follow these steps:
- Click on View all in the Networking section
- Select all the participants you want to invite to your meeting
- Click on the video icon > click on Schedule meeting
- Choose the meeting time > Press Confirm meeting
You will see this message: Booking successfully scheduled!
Will the person I invite for the meeting receive a notification?
Yes, both you and your invitee should receive emails with the meeting details.
Your invitee should also receive a notification in the Virtual Lobby.
If I invite multiple people to a meeting, will all of them receive a notification?
If you invite multiple people to a meeting, you and all guests invited will receive an email with the meeting details such as time, list of guests, topic and the link to join the meeting.
All invited participants will also receive a notification in the Virtual Lobby under the bell icon and by clicking View meeting they will see the meeting details and cancel their participation if they wish to.
How do I view all my meetings?
All your meetings will be displayed on the main page of the Virtual lobby or Web app.
But you can also visualize your meetings by going to My Agenda > Meetings.
Dedicated page for meetings
If you wish to have a dedicated page for scheduled meetings in the Virtual Lobby, you should make sure that the correspondent tab is set to visible in order for the option to be displayed on the left-hand side menu.
Click here for further information.
How do I cancel a meeting?
You can cancel a meeting by doing either of the following:
- By pressing the Cancel Meeting button in the email you received with the meeting details.
- By pressing the Cancel meeting button at the My Agenda dedicated space for Meetings. To see the Cancel meeting button, click on the meeting Details and then click the option from the Actions field. A confirmation box will appear, you can type in a reason for your cancellation (optional) and then click Cancel to confirm your action.
How can I set restrictions?
You can set restrictions for when you won't be available for meetings. To do so go to My Agenda > Restrictions > New restriction. A new window will appear for you to fill in the Restriction details. Choose the type of restriction: Date and time range, Recurring times or Entire date, and fill in the necessary details. Press Create.
To remove a restriction, simply click on the cancel (x) button beside the restriction. A confirmation box will appear, click on Remove to confirm the action.
Instructions for event organizers
If you are an event organizer and you wish to learn how to create a meeting, places, feedback forms, and more, click here.