Virtual Lobby: troubleshooting guide
InEvent works with new and dynamic platforms to always deliver the best experience. If you are facing minor inconveniences, make sure to check if you are using a compatible browser, if you are meeting the minimal technical requirements and if your settings are correctly set.
- Review our requirements page to make sure you are meeting those requirements.
- Browser compatibility: We ask you to give preference to Google Chrome. Click here to download. But you can also use:
- Chrome (Mac / PC) 56 or newer (better experience, required for presenters)
- Firefox (Mac / PC) 44 or newer (recommended alternative)
- Safari (Mac) 11 or newer (recommended alternative)
- Chrome (Android) 80 or newer
- Safari (iOS) 11 or later
- If you are:
- A speaker, room host, or administrator joining a session you'll be taking part in
- An attendee being invited to speak by a room host
- A speaker, room host, administrator, or attendee networking with other people
You'll need to make sure you have given InEvent browser permissions to access your camera and microphone. Click here for further information.
- Perform a system check using our Virtual Lobby testing tool to make sure you are good to go! Click here to learn how to do so.
- Do not share your Unique link with other people. If someone else accesses the event using your link, you will be disconnected. Click here for further information on unique links.
Video tutorial on how to troubleshoot
Currently, the video streaming feature for viewers is ensured for mobile and tablet users.
Mobile phones and tablets will work on up-to-date devices, but you may have to do the following steps:
- Copy the link and paste it into the browser.
- Use Google Chrome (Android) or Safari (iOS).
Network firewall or web security gateway
If the Virtual Lobby stays in a Connecting state or you can’t join a session due to a Network Error, it could mean that your networking is blocking our IP addresses through a Firewall or a Gateway.
Setting up your Firewall
You will have two video providers available in the Virtual Lobby: Agora.io and Tokbox.
- If Agora is your WebRTC provider, click here to check the requirements that must be met.
- If Tokbox is your WebRTC provider, click here to check the requirements that must be met.
Virtual Private Network: VPN
- If you are a speaker, we recommend turning off your VPN.
- If you are an attendee of the event, using a VPN should work fine but we do not recommend using Cisco VPN as it may cause Connecting issues.
Click here to learn how to recover your password.
Accessing and navigating the Virtual Lobby: User Guides
In order to ensure you have the best experience in the Virtual Lobby, we have created user guides for you to smoothly access and navigate a virtual event build within InEvent.