- How do I customize tabs?
- How do I create tabs?
- How to edit an existing tab: name, icon and URL
- How do I delete a tab?
- How do I embed a tab into the Virtual Lobby?
- How do I enable Two-tab schedule?
You can customize the tabs of your event by altering the name, icon and order of presentation on the Virtual Lobby and mobile app. You can also create a custom tab, to add any additional content you wish to your event.
How do I customize tabs?
To customize and create tabs, access the Tabs page by clicking on Settings > Tabs. You will see at the top menu the option to select from Live App, Web app, or Virtual Rooms.
If you select Live App (mobile application), you will be able to select which 4 tabs will be displayed at the bottom bar as well as in the menu (outlined in the image below). Besides that, you will also be able to select the tabs' visibility, change their icon, label, as well as add an URL for the new items created.
If you select Web app, you will see the default tabs that are displayed on the Virtual Lobby and Web app's main page. You can define their visibility, change their icons, label, and if a new item is created, you can add an URL and also embed it (depending on the website's restriction).
By navigating to Settings > Tabs and selecting Virtual Rooms and clicking on Edit, you will have the option to:
- Rename and change the icons of the tabs that appear while inside activities by clicking on the tab and making the changes in the window that appears on the right.
- You can also disable any or all tabs in all activities at once by unticking the Visible checkbox corresponding to the tab you want to disable as shown below:
How do I create tabs?
To create tabs, you will need to select either Live App or Web app. The Virtual Rooms option will only allow you to customize the tabs that already exist.
There are two types of tabs you can choose from when creating a tab:
- Custom tabs
- Website sections
To create custom tabs, follow the steps below:
- Select Live app or Web app from the menu on top.
- Click on + New item. The New item pop-up box will appear.
- Enter your Item title and Item link to the corresponding fields. Alternatively, you can also upload your own file using the red folder button.
- Press Create to finish creating your custom tab.
Besides the option to create a custom tab, you can also create a tab from the website sections template. To do so, press Web app on the upper left, and click + New Item. A new window will pop up and under Item type you should select Website section.
Once you select this option, you will need to set up the items below:
- Item title: you should type in the tab title that should be displayed on the Virtual Lobby menu
- Template: you will have a list of website template options for you to choose from on the dropdown bar. The template will determine your tab's layout. You can see what the tab is going to look like under Preview.
- Section: you will have a list of website sections options for you to choose from on the dropdown bar. Click here for further information on website sections.
Once you have set it all up, press Create.
How to edit an existing tab: name, icon and URL
To edit an existing tab, you need to click the Edit button in the top right corner.
Click on the tab you would like to edit and a window will open to the right. Here, you have the option to edit the name of the tab, add a language translation, and set the Icon and the URL.
When you have finished editing, click on End to save the changes.
How to make tabs invisible or visible and change their order
You can make tabs visible or Invisible in the Virtual Lobby and also change the order of the tabs (click and drag the square next to the tab name). To save the edit, click on End in the top right corner.
How do I delete a tab?
If you want to delete a tab you created, click Edit tick the check box of the tab you would like to delete, then click Remove.
If it is a tab of the system tools (bottom bar tabs), you won't be able to delete it, so you should make it invisible. To do this, click Edit uncheck the functionality checkbox in the visible column > click End.
How do I embed a tab into the Virtual Lobby?
To add an external link and have this page being open inside the Virtual Lobby instead of taking the user to a new window, you should enable Embed under the tab details while creating the +New Item.
Press Edit and click on the tab you just created. A new window will appear on the right, scroll down until you see Embed and make sure to set it to Yes.
Can I hide the Virtual Lobby tab?
Some event organizers may not want attendees to have access to the Virtual Lobby before an event starts. If that's the case, you could hide the Virtual Lobby tab until the event starts by pressing Settings > Tabs > Web app (in the upper left) > and uncheck the Visible column related to the Virtual Lobby. Press End to save your changes.
After doing this, the Virtual Lobby icon should disappear from the Lobby's menu. However, the Open Lobby button will still be displayed under My Account. To hide the button, you will need to edit your Source Code via CSS. Check this article to learn how to do it.
How do I enable Two-tab schedule?
The Two-tab schedule feature allows you to separate each attendees' agenda from your event's full schedule. Once the feature is turned on, attendees will have access to the following tabs on the mobile apps:
- General Schedule: This will display all activities of the event, including the ones that an attendee is not registered in.
- My Schedule: This will only display the activities that an attendee has registered for.
In the image below, Two-tab schedule is disabled on the left-hand side, while the feature is enabled on the right-hand side:
To enable Two-tab schedule directly from the Tabs page, click on the Settings button in the top right corner, then turn on the feature as shown below: