Integration with Salesforce
- What kind of data and process can be integrated between InEvent and Salesforce?
- Integrating with Salesforce
- Configuring synchronization at the Event level
Integrating InEvent with Salesforce can shape a whole new way of creating a customer-centric view of your event attendees that will help you get more results out of your customer database, mitigate risk and enable a frictionless sales process. This integration works two ways, so data that is synchronized to your Salesforce database will also appear on the InEvent platform.
What kind of data and process can be integrated between InEvent and Salesforce?
You can synchronize the following items between Salesforce and InEvent:
- Salesforce Campaigns with InEvent events
- Salesforce Campaign fields with InEvent Registration form fields
- Salesforce Fields with various InEvent fields
- Salesforce Objects with InEvent Activities, Questions, Comments, Polls and UTM links
Integrating with Salesforce
Before synchronizing items between Salesforce and InEvent, you first need to integrate Salesforce with InEvent at the Company level. To do so, complete the following instructions:
- Navigate to Integrations > Salesforce.
- Click Edit.
- Press Link Production Account or Link Sandbox Account depending on the type of your Salesforce account.
- Complete the Salesforce log-in process. Once your Salesforce account is linked with InEvent, the interface will be updated.
- Complete the integration configuration by using the drop-down box for the following options:
- When exporting a person, define where it will be saved: Select the target Salesforce category to be automatically synced when exporting a person from InEvent. The available options are Automatic, Contacts, and Leads.
- When creating an event, should we create a campaign?: Select whether or not to automatically create a Salesforce campaign when creating an event. The available options are Yes and No.
Configuring synchronization at the Event level
This section will inform you on how to configure Salesforce synchronization with InEvent at the Event level.
The Salesforce integration configuration interface can be accessed from the Event level by navigating to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce.
Through this interface, you can configure the synchronization of the following items:
- Event fields
In this section, you can manage your Campaign settings and Campaign member statuses.
Here, you can select a campaign to be synchronized with your event. Below are the available options:
- Select a campaign to sync (if applicable): Using the drop-down box, select an existing Salesforce campaign to be synchronized with your event. Once a campaign is selected, the interface will be updated to show Campaign member statuses.
- Sync new registrations from InEvent to Salesforce: Using the checkbox, enable or disable synchronization of new registrations from InEvent to Salesforce.
- Sync email opt-outs: Using the checkbox, enable or disable synchronization of email opt-outs from InEvent to Salesforce.
- Sync leads from Salesforce automatically: Using the checkbox, enable or disable synchronization of Salesforce leads to InEvent. If this tool is enabled, a new option will be displayed:
- For new leads added directly to your campaign, choose a target list to sync: Using the drop-down box, select a target InEvent list to be synchronized with new campaign leads added through Salesforce. The available options are Attendees and Invitees.
Once your campaign is linked and configured, you can manually start the synchronization process with either one of the following methods:
- Clicking Sync data from the Campaign settings interface
- Navigating to People > Attendees and clicking on the Salesforce refresh button
Campaign member statuses
This section will explain how you can set up automatic synchronization of Salesforce's Campaign Member Status with your event. This feature makes it easy to keep track of your invitees and attendees' interaction with your event registration and participation and automatically synchronize them to Salesforce.
Before configuring this feature in your event, ensure that you have set up your desired statuses in Salesforce.
Below are examples of custom Campaign Member Statuses on Salesforce, which will be used throughout this section:
Once you have set up your statuses in Salesforce, we can proceed to configure its synchronization with invitee or attendee interaction at the InEvent platform. To start configuring the synchronization, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Campaigns.
- Click Edit at the top right corner of the page.
- Locate Campaign Member Statuses.
- Map each trigger on the left to the corresponding status on the right using the Campaign Member Status drop-down box. The available triggers are as follows:
- User is added to list of invitees: Automatically sync user to a Campaign Member Status on Salesforce once they are added as invitees in your event.
- User receives an email: Automatically sync user to a status once they have received an email from your event.
- User opens an email: Automatically sync user to a status once they have opened an email from your event.
- User clicks on an email link: Automatically sync user to a status once they have clicked on a link on your event's email.
- User is added to a list of attendees: Automatically sync user to a status once they are added as attendees in your event.
- User attends the event: Automatically sync user to a status once they have successfully attended your event.
- Press End to save your changes.
Once you have configured the synchronization, campaign members who complete the defined triggers will automatically have their statuses updated on Salesforce.
In this section, you can manage your Fields settings and map them to your Registration form fields.
Using the checkbox, select whether you want to automatically overwrite default fields.
If Overwrite default fields automatically is enabled, InEvent will automatically detect and map new entries from Salesforce. Therefore, some fields will not appear in the InEvent Fields interface.
If Overwrite default fields automatically is disabled, you must manually select the fields to be overwritten.
You can easily map and link your Salesforce Fields, including Account, Contact, and Lead fields, of all types to InEvent Registration form fields using the drop-down boxes.
InEvent will detect your Salesforce fields, including custom fields.
The InEvent fields you can link with Salesforce fields are listed below:
- First name
- Last name
- Username (Email Address)
- Magic link
- Magic link (event list)
- Enrollment date
- Custom questions in your Registration form
Additionally, you can also choose to override existing field values on Salesforce with InEvent values by checking the Override value on Salesforce box beside the desired field.
In this section, you can map and link your Salesforce Campaign fields to InEvent Event fields.
Synchronizing Event fields
You can map and link your Salesforce Campaign fields to InEvent Event fields using the drop-down boxes.
InEvent will detect your Salesforce fields, including custom fields.
The Event fields you can link with Salesforce Campaign fields are listed below:
- InEvent ID
- Total invitations
- Total registrations
- Total group rooms
- Total session rooms
- Total time spent
- Average time spent
Activities, Questions, Comments, Polls & UTM links
In these sections, you can manage the synchronization of Salesforce custom objects with InEvent Activities, Questions, Comments, Polls and UTM links.
Synchronizing Activities, Questions, Comments, Polls & UTM links
You can easily map and link your Salesforce custom objects to Activities, Questions, Comments, Polls & UTM links from your event by using the available drop-down boxes.
Below is a guide on mapping and linking Salesforce custom objects, using Activities as an example:
- Select a Salesforce custom object to be linked with your event Activities. Once a custom object is linked, the interface will be updated to show Fields and Default values.
- Map your Salesforce fields on the right to the corresponding InEvent fields on the left under Fields.
- Create new default values for your custom objects in Default values (optional).
How do I import Contact Names, Leads, Lists, or Campaigns?
You can import your contacts, leads, lists, or campaigns to Invitees or Attendees on the InEvent platform.
To import attendees, click in People > Attendees > click Edit on the right upper corner. Then, you will see the button Import from Salesforce.
By clicking on the Import from Salesforce button, a new window will open, where you can select what you wish to export: Contacts, Leads, Campaigns, or All.
Choose one option, search the names that are on your Salesforce account you would like to import, and press the Import button at the bottom.
After clicking on the Import button, you will be able to see all the contacts that were imported. To identify the names from Salesforce, you will see an icon next to the name.
To import invitees, go to People > Invitees and follow the same process described above.
Exporting edited information to Salesforce from the InEvent platform
You can edit the attendees' details on the InEvent platform and send the updated info directly to Salesforce.
To do so, go to People > Attendees and choose the contact name (from Salesforce). A window with this person’s details will appear. Click on Edit, update the information, and click on the Export to Salesforce button, as shown below:
Tracking and saving event features
By selecting the custom object integration, you will be able to use the following modules:
Here you can monitor all campaigns created using the Salesforce integration.
To access the Salesforce write logs press Settings > Integration > Salesforce > Scroll down to Logs and click on Write logs.
The Salesforce write logs will give you the following information:
- Name: The name of the user who created the operation
- Email: The email of the user who created the operation
- Operation: Name of the operation
- Result: Shows if the operation was a success or a failure
- Date (UTC): Date that the log was created
Salesforce VisualForce plugin
VisualForce is a web development framework that enables developers to build sophisticated, custom user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps that can be hosted on the Lightning Platform. You can use VisualForce to build apps that align with the styling of Lightning Experience, as well as your own completely custom interface.
Click here to learn how to link VisualForce with your Salesforce integration.