Event templates help you to save time when creating multiple events or webinars. You can easily create events using the already laid-out structure of the event templates.
This article intends to teach you how to create event templates and how to use them to create your events and webinars.
What can I set in my template?
When creating or editing an event template, you can configure numerous items in the Event, Agenda, People, Marketing, and Settings section of the platform. Additionally, you can also set up Tasks for the Template Wizard.
The items you can configure in the Event section are as follows:
- Event Details
- Exhibitors and Sponsors
- Virtual Lobby, including the layout and the Live Studio
- Content: Feed, Files, Event Feedback, and Photo Gallery
The items you can configure in the Agenda section are as follows:
In the People section, you can set up Lists.
The items you can configure in the Marketing section are as follows:
- Landing pages: Website and Landing pages
- Registration: Tickets, Registration form, Custom forms, Printing Label, and Headings
- Communication: Survey, Email creator, Link tracking, and Automatic emails
- Tickets: Tickets and Payment details for invoice
The items you can configure in the Settings section are as follows:
You can use the Template Wizard to create Tasks to assist when you are setting up your event. For more information on the Template Wizard and its Tasks, refer to our Template Wizard article.
When starting your event creation experience, InEvent already provides a selection of four Global templates for you to choose from. These templates help speed up the creation of your event, without having to create custom templates.
In addition, you can decide to disable the use of the global templates at the Company level when creating events. To disable global templates, go to Account > Tools > Block section and tick the Disable global event templates tool.
How do I create a custom template?
To create a custom template follow these steps:
- Go to the company level and click on Templates from the left side menu.
- Click on the +New templates at the top left corner of the page.
- Type the name of your template, select if it's a webinar template or not, and choose the tag color.
- Press Create.
Can I create a template from an existing event?
Yes, you can create a template from an existing event. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Events at the company level.
- Click Edit on the top right corner of the page.
- Check the box beside the event from which you want to make a template.
- Click Create a template. A pop-up box will appear.
- Press Create to confirm your selection.
After completing the steps, you will receive this notification message at the very top part of the page:
The newly created template can be reviewed and managed by navigating to Events > Templates. For more information, refer to the section on editing templates in this article.
Can I copy a template?
Yes. At the company level, go to the Templates page, click on Copy template and you will see a drop down menu at the Copy source (a list of all the available templates) > choose the Tag color > press Copy.
How do I edit the template structure?
Click on the name of the template you have created. You will be directed to the Event details page (Event > Details). You will see six tabs across the top of the platform: Event, Agenda, People, Marketing, Settings and Wizard.
Inside these six tabs are the features that you can customize and set as your template structure.
How do I use a template for Events?
To use a template which you have created for events:
- Go to the Company level menu and click on Events > +New event.
- Type in your new event name, then select the template from the drop-down bar.
- Press the blue create button
Now your new event will contain the same structure and settings from your template.
How do I delete a template?
To delete a template in which you have created:
- Click on Templates at the company level
- Press Edit on the right corner
- Select the template you wish to delete
- Then press the Remove button in the top right corner.
- Confirm at the new window by pressing Remove