In the InEvent platform, it's possible to set custom forms and collect information about your attendees on any subject. The form can be open (no login needed to answer) or closed (only logged-in attendees can answer). Just share the link of the form so the attendees can answer it, and all the answers are available to export.
How do I enable this tool?
To enable this feature, go to Settings > Tools > scroll down until you see the Registration section. Then, press Edit, and make sure the Custom forms checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
If instead of seeing a checkbox, you see No or Purchase, there might be two reasons why that is happening:
- You will need to enable this feature at the company tools. To do so, go to the company level, and click Account > Tools in the menu on the left-hand side. Then, scroll down until you see the Registration section, press Edit, and make sure the Custom forms checkbox is checked. Press End to save the changes.
- If you went to the company tools and instead of seeing the checkbox, you still saw Purchase, this means that this feature is not included in the plan you have purchased. Click here to check which features are included in each plan.
How do I create a custom form?
In the top menu, go to Marketing > Registration > Custom Forms.
Then, click on +Add Form, give the form a title and press the blue Create button.
Fields: How do I add questions to the form?
Choose the form, press the +Add Question button. Define the question and select the type of answer then press the blue Create button.
There are 12 answer types available: Yes or No, Grade from 0 to 5, Options List, Plain Text, Passport Field, File Upload, Multiple Choice, Date & Time, Date, Time, and Numeric.
Click here to learn more about each answer type and how to configure questions on forms.
Submissions: How do I see the form's answers?
To know what each participant answered, click on the Submissions tab.
To learn more about form submissions, click here.
How do I extract this data from the platform?
To have this information available in an excel sheet, press Report, on the upper left corner of the page. Once you click the button, a message will appear at the top of the screen, advising you that you will receive the file with the data in your email when the process is complete.
- Public form: The form should be set as a public form if you'd like for users who are not logged-in to the platform to answer the form.
- Registration form complement: With the registration form complement enabled, you will be able to attach extra questions to the default registration form that will only be viewed by specific groups of people. Click here for further information on that.
- Close date: Set a deadline for filling out the form.
- Action to execute after the form is finished: If you'd like the attendees to receive an email once they submit the form, you should select Send email in the first dropdown bar and select which email they should receive in the second dropdown bar.
- Lists allowed to answer form: Select which lists will be allowed to fill out the form. If empty, no restrictions are applied.
To find your custom form link, go to Marketing > Registration > Custom Forms > click on the form > press Preview.
Once you press preview, a new tab will open up so you can access your custom form.
How can I share my forms?
Once you copy the custom forms' URL that can be accessed through the Preview button, you will be able to share it with other people. Below you will find different options on how to share your custom form with your attendees:
Click here to learn how to send text messages to all attendees from your event. To add your custom form link to a text message, just make sure to use a URL shortener program so the link fits in the 140 characters limit.
- Push messages
A push notification is a message that attendees receive via their web browser, or on their mobile phone. To add your custom form link to the push message, just make sure to use a URL shortener program so the link fits in the 140 characters limit.
Click here for further information on how to send push messages.
You can send your custom form link via email to your event attendees or some predetermined list. Click here to learn how to create new emails.
You can create a tab to share your custom form or simply paste it to any existing section. Click here for further information on the website.
- Customizable tabs
You can create a tab in the Virtual Lobby or mobile app that will redirect your attendees to your custom form. Click here to learn more about it.
- News feed
Since the corporate feed can be used to share images, videos, links, information, messages, etc. related to an event, you can also paste your custom form to the news feed. Click here for further information on the news feed.
- Activity's description
Once you are editing your activity's description, you can paste your custom form link to it or even embed it. It will be displayed to all attendees participating in this activity. Click here for further information.
- On the chat in the Virtual Lobby
In the Chat tab in the Virtual Lobby, participants will be able to chat during the session. The chat can be viewed by all participants in the room.
As an administrator, you can pin a message with the link to your custom form. Click here to learn how to do so.
- Embedding the custom form to an external website with the Iframe
If you wish to embed your custom form on an existing external (non-InEvent) website, you can use an iFrame. To find it, press Share and copy the link.